RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i go out this morning and start the car. car is a 07 RRS supercharged with 29k. it takes a lot longer then it usually does to start up. just cranks and cranks and doesnt turn over. finally it turns over and idles like normal.so i drive for about 2 miles and i have to make a u turn. so i'm turning and all of a sudden car shuts down in the middle of my u turn so i'm now horizontal to on coming traffic. not the best time for this. while the car is coming to a stop i hear repeated clicking sounds. i try to start the car and it cranks and runs fine. no warning lights. i just recently had the supercharger cooling pump replaced. it was alittle colder this morning then normal. whats the cause? i'll be taking it into the dealer soon but i'm worried since no message popped up it wont be in the logs.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Oh this could be a whole lot of things, but the engine should throw a code the dealer can retrieve to help diagnose this.

Since you just had work on it, one simple thing I would check for is an air leak, make sure everything from the air filter over is tight and bolted together. The clicking noise I dunno, relays and solenoids make clicking noises...as do stones in the tires :D Cold should not be an issue unless you are in Nome, AK

1 - 2 of 2 Posts