RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
I hate to say it, but I am not at all surprised. The release has already been pushed back twice that I am aware of. Even if they were to make the Paris show release that would be mighty late for a 2013 model year.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
46 Posts
They are mentioning in the article that it will be launched at the next Paris show in September but that it will only come to the US in 2013 as a 2014 model-year.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
They are mentioning in the article that it will be launched at the next Paris show in September but that it will only come to the US in 2013 as a 2014 model-year.
That makes perfect sense. ROW often receives new models ahead of NAS markets.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They wrote it will be unveiled at the Paris show, but it does not state that it will be launched (released) at that time. They normally unveil long before you can actually pick one up at your local dealer. I see the history of releasing Range Rovers months or years behind the Euro market, but that does not seem to make sense anymore, since the US is Range Rovers largest market.

I am guessing it will be a mid 2013 release date for all markets. The price they show is also more of what I was thinking. I do not believe they will raise the price significantly on a new model. People are always hesitant to buy a redesign because of the potential for a large amount of bugs. Normally a new model is only slightly higher in price than the previous year, if not less to get more people to buy. Do not get me wrong, I was hoping for a significant price increase, that way the L322 models would actually hold their value if not go up, because of the increase.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
, I was hoping for a significant price increase, that way the L322 models would actually hold their value if not go up, because of the increase.
:lol: Not that is hilarious!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I am starting to wonder whether Land Rover is now planning a simultaneous intro of both 2014 RR and RRS, so they don't steal each other's spotlight. The couple of spy shots I have seen of the next generation Sport seem to show a well developed test mule under all the camo, and considering the two models will share the same platform, who knows... It would explain the delays in officially launching the new flagship though.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Since Car & Driver is still using old spy photos, I wonder how dialed in they are to really know what is going on at Land Rover.

It doesn't make sense... So Land Rover is now going to just skip the 2013 production year? There isn't going to be a 2013 L322, so dealers are going to go six months without any new Range Rovers? I don't buy it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Might be the case, that way they can sell the remaining L322's they have on the lot. Who knows at this point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts