RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1996 P38, 2006 L322
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a strange issue when connecting to the OBD port. I turn the Key to the 2nd position and then connect to the port. Im able to connect to the EAS system and supply changes/ clear faults as needed. When I try to connect to the BECM and or ABS systems it blocks me and immediately ABS light triggers on that dash going into fault and supplying the beep sequence.

I've never had this issue prior and I've looked at what I've thought to be all the culprits. Wiring is clean (No out of wack wiring), Brand new battery (3mo) old, All relays and fuses are good to go. As far as ABS goes brand new accumulator as well as Rotors and pads all around- preformed the factory Bleed as well.

When removing the connection and cycling the Key the abs light goes off as it should and there are no issues.

Has anyone seen this before- Ive looked all over the place and cant seem to find anything

any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,295 Posts
Generally, to communicate with BECM you do it with ignition off

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,199 Posts
As Orangebean says. The BECM communicates best with the ignition off - when connected to it, you should get 'Diagnostics Mode' show up on the message center.

The BECM is only readable using Land Rover specific diagnostics, generic OBD diagnostics generally only can talk to engine ECU and ABS on later P38's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts