RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an '87 Range Rover sight unseen a while back. It is in excellent shape rust-wise and in general.
My problem is that I can't get it to even fire once (even with starting fluid). It gets spark, but I see an orange spark.
I got this with a whole lot of wires disconnected (It was in a repair shop when I bought it). I hooked up the coil as to my best logical guess.
I think I have it hooked up right, but maybe not. I purchased a parts catalog and a useful CD from another guy. Both were not specific enough.
The wires going to the coil from the distributor are both white(can't detect stripe) and maybe original.
Any Ideas? The engine seems sound. I pulled the plugs for cleaning and one let out compression!
If anyone has any useful advice or wiring info, I would gladly appreciate it!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
A wiring diagram will tell you what should go where. I think the Haynes manual covers your model but i can't be sure.

However, a timing light will tell you if you have the spark at the right time irrespective of the wiring. If you only have a weak yellow spark i would be gifting it a set of new ignition components anyway. Coil, leads, plugs, rotor, dist cap. They probably all need doing anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts