RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I fill up I have to do it at about half speed or it thinks its full and shuts off. Today I took a look at the filler neck and couldn't really see anything wrong. Can anybody point me in the right direction about what to tackle next? There appears to be a switch that is opened when the tank nozzle is inserted but I cant really tel if its working properly. Vent hose seems to be clear....

Any help would be great app'd.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. I purchased mine in Arizona and as i made the trip back to Canada it got worse and worse. Takes a good 10 minutes to actually fill it up. I can hear the fuel coming back up and then it spills all over the side of the truck....sucks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still trying to get some advice on how to fix this?

·
Registered
343 Posts
still trying to get some advice on how to fix this?
Mine does it as well. There is no fix per se unless your filler neck/tube is bent. In my case I can't stick the filler hose all the way down as the flow is too great given the diameter or angle. Pulling out a tad works for me.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
I have this same problem. I have to pull the nozzle out a bit.

I've only had it overflow once though. With the cost of premium, I really watch it.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
The new very sensitive pumps do not jibe with the p38 vent very well, even if clear. Does same thing for my suburban, so I pull it out a tad. It does work better to fill slowly for pressure to equalize better, which is why it is such a pita on the top half of the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts