RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
905 Posts
If it looks like this then there might be another issue. Electronic? Mechanical?

If it doesn't look like the picture than at times the latch closes from being hit, strong spring etc.

Has happened to me more than once on various vehicles.

Simple screwdriver fix.

IMG_20151231_125406.jpg

Note this is my passenger front door.

If I was at home I would trip the latch but I am at work and would like to leave the office sooner rather than later and get year end crap off my desk. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Its possible it froze. Ive had issues with my Audi A5 the latch when it was below 30 it just wont let the door shut. Super annoying I would sit in parking lot slamming my door like a complete idiot :doh:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

Never a dull moment. :lol:
Dude don't bang the door multiple times once you realize this happened youll damage the lock. I'll bet you have soft close too? He he go get the software update it will fix that. I had exact issue on right rear door and has not reappeared since the software update. You can turn off the car then manually try using the keep after enough time it will reset. Don't have you fob nearby so its manual.

You can reproduce this by the way by not closing hard enough. Just sort of place the door there and soft close tries to grab it, but it doesn't and somehow latches it. If you are able to reset it make sure you use enough slam to bypass the soft close until you get the software update. That's what I did with mine.

Am of course assuming the 2016s didn't come with the software fix already. If they did I don't know... oh mine is 2015.5 but fix was about 3 ago so maybe you don't have that. Hope that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts