Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Told by a dealer here in Ontario that vehicles have arrived in Halifax but they are being kept for a launch day event first week of September, they did not know the exact date. Anyone have further details?? Originally I was told the Velar I was interested in would be arriving around 11 August.

· RIP Our Friend
27,964 Posts
August 11 would have been extremely generous in guess work by your dealer. NAS velars have not even been EPA certified for US delivery yet. Fuel mileage has not been confirmed nor certified anywhere yet as of a couple days ago. This is really not an uncommon occurrence for an all new model. There can be emissions bits to go through at the last minute. I just find it rather odd that your dealer would pull this weekend as a delivery date since no NAS vehicle is even certified to clear port yet nor would they have been when he provided the date. Once cleared for dealer delivery the crews in port will start their work of port prep for any accessories, mats, manuals, inspection etc. figure 48 hours for basic stuff and 7-10 days for any detailed accessories. Then they can begin the journey to the dealer. As you have no real location in your profile we can only guess how long that will take. If they are direct deliver it is simple transit time. If they go in bulk (train) to a clearing yard then that can add transit time plus an extra couple days. From dealer delivery it is usually another 48 hours for PDI and cleaning.

This can easily be another two weeks out FROM certifications etc that are holding Velars in ports.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Understood. All I saw was the computer screen that showed delivery of 11 August for a Velar First Edition. Not an issue really, the dealerships are at the mercy of the head office here in Canada, and elsewhere too from what I have read online, so I do have an understanding of what they are going through. I have asked about a specific date for the release, but they are not sure about that either. Plan on stopping by tomorrow or Wednesday and will pass on any further details i come up with.

· RIP Our Friend
27,964 Posts
There won't be an update on dealer deliveries until there is an actual release notice. Until the official release, anything posted or read is going to be strictly guess work which does nobody any good. Folks need to hang on until the release THEN things will drop in place quickly... As long as NAS certification takes place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.