1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every body..
I am from vienna, austria.ï
I have baught a 2012 facelift RR sport L320,
It is without sunroof and i want to buid a new one...
I have seen a used orignal sunroof in my local area.. but i d'nt know that we can fit it directly to my car just by making hole in roof...i think i need a new headliner also..
Or should i go for a after market one...?
Can any body advise me..?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
409 Posts
RRS without sunroof? Huh...
I dont think it is a good idea. The opening for sunroof isnt just a cut hole, edges probably bent in, folded under press. I do not want to discourage you, but there is a good chance you'll butcher your Rover, and there is no going back once you start cutting - only guy with welding machine + paint job. Aftermarket is probably an option, at least they made with idea that hole in the roof will be just cut and would have large rubber seal around sharp edges. If you go for aftermaket - consult with its manufacturer to learn if they tried it in RRS, different cars would have different thickness of headliner and that aftermarket sunroof would need to have hardware to accomodate it and tuck everything away. I think majority of members here in this forum are from North America and sunroof was likely a standard option for RRSs sold in US/Canada so it is very unlikely anyone would have an experience with what you intend to do.

·
Registered
53 Posts
After 10 years a sunroof becomes less of a feature and more of a liability. Just spend your money on maintenance instead. If you just got the car exchange your fluids, lube your hinges, silicone treat the weatherstripping, flesh plugs, induction service... the list goes on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts