Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of your guys take a quick look at the alignment of your rear hatch when its closed? Mine seems to stick out a bit (see photo) and I'd like to know if this is normal (not be be flush with the adjacent panel). You can see that is sticks out a bit.
Thanks!
1010151057.jpg
HTML:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine sticks out a "bit" too, maybe 1/16th of an inch. Seems to be a "bit" more of the left side than the right side, maybe 1/32nd of an inch? Thank for pointing that out - now I know - ha!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks! It been like this since I took delivery and there are no leaks (that's the most important thing to me). I am going to the dealer Wednesday and will ask them to look at it.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Mine is flush, looks like they need to adjust the latch a little bit.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All you "flush" folks have newer rigs... Mine is a 2014.5 and I wonder if there was less rigorous methods employed in the early days.

Maybe the guy at the end of the line sobered-up..... or finally agreed to wear his prescription eyeglasses....

·
Registered
75 Posts
All you "flush" folks have newer rigs... Mine is a 2014.5 and I wonder if there was less rigorous methods employed in the early days.

Maybe the guy at the end of the line sobered-up..... or finally agreed to wear his prescription eyeglasses....
My HSE is also a 14.5 and it is flush

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
That's more of a bumper cover adjustment not a hatch adjustment. Did you have rear bumper removed for anything, hitch or wiring? Has it ever been bumped into in the back or even leaned on a lot putting groceries in and out? How's the plastic gap to the rear lamps? Does that seem pushed in also?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Both my 2014.5 and the current 2015.5 were flush from delivery. I did damage misalign the door on the 2014.5 exactly like that after it accidentally opened and wedged into a parking lot wall when I accidentally kneed the hatch button getting out of the vehicle. The car then adjusted its height and twisted it. I thought they are supposed to sense obstructions but guess not! Anyway dealer could not fix it and told me to take it to their body shop. I never got it fixed.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's more of a bumper cover adjustment not a hatch adjustment. Did you have rear bumper removed for anything, hitch or wiring? Has it ever been bumped into in the back or even leaned on a lot putting groceries in and out? How's the plastic gap to the rear lamps? Does that seem pushed in also?
Thanks for the feedback but I don't think it is a bumper issue. There's a shadow in the photo between the bumper and hatch. I was talking about the flushness of the hatch with the adjacent rear quarter where the lamps are mounted (to the right of my finger tips in the photo). The hatch sticks out ~1/8" further than the adjacent panel and looks like it should pull closed a bit more.

Like I said, there are currently no leaks so if its a complex repair then I will probably leave it alone.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Thanks for the feedback but I don't think it is a bumper issue. There's a shadow in the photo between the bumper and hatch. I was talking about the flushness of the hatch with the adjacent rear quarter where the lamps are mounted (to the right of my finger tips in the photo). The hatch sticks out ~1/8" further than the adjacent panel and looks like it should pull closed a bit more.

Like I said, there are currently no leaks so if its a complex repair then I will probably leave it alone.
Yep. I get it. That's the upper bumper cover and it's a painted plastic. I won't beat the horse a whole lot but explorers have same issue in the same location.

A simple technique is to open gate and make yourself a tape strap and pull out on the portion that's in and see if it pulls to where you like it. It's all just snapped together back there and has wiggle room. I can try to duplicate and upload some pics later.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine sticks out a "bit" too, maybe 1/16th of an inch. Seems to be a "bit" more of the left side than the right side, maybe 1/32nd of an inch? Thank for pointing that out - now I know - ha!
Mine is a 2014 (I think) made in September 2013. I did twist the rubber stops on the tailgate a bit of both sides and got it a little more flush. Seems the stops on the lower part of the tailgate really aren't adjustable, although there's a large Phillips head plastic screw in it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So the dealer adjusted the latch located just above the rear bumper. This pulled the hatch inwards about half of what it was previously sticking-out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts