RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 2004 Range Rover, installed a starter, everything works on the starter... problem is after I start the car with the remote starter, get in, put the key into the ignition but the key will not turn, therefore can't set off. Is this something the dealer needs to program? What is up?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
remote start

Bought a 2004 L322 last year with remote starter. Wasn't till this winter that I wanted it working properly... my beef is my starter starts the car fine, but when I go turn the key to the "on" position it just stays locked, seems like the key isn't sending a signal to the ignition. Replaced the battery in the key didn't help.

Any ideas?

Also what is this requiring a 3rd key cut?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: Range Rover Remote Start?

I replied to your other post. I assume the person who Installed the remote starter didn't hook it up exactly as he should have. Do you feel comfortable enough to take your center console apart if so I can help you with fixing your issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The starter came with the car when I purchased it used. I assume previous owner got it installed at a shop. I have wired starters before but didn't enjoy the experience. Starter I installed was on a Toyota assume this car is much more wires/ work? How long do you think it would take for a novice to wiring in a relay? thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts

I'd start by contacting the previous owner.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Could but guessing it would be little help. Reason I got this car is engine is blown on it, bought it for cheap as hobby and fix it up so another L322 stays on the road (not sure if this is a good idea now lol). Car is from a coworker's sister that now moved to another city. By the overall neglect of the car I doubt she cared enough to remember where she got it installed and it would been around 5 years ago if not more. On top of that the place she got it installed is more than likely closed down.

·
Registered
65 Posts

I can help you if you remove the dash panels where the key is located and find the remote start brain(probably under kick panel).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Think I am going to pass on this job, not a big fan of anything wiring related. Locally there is a pretty highly rated chain of car audio and starter shops, should take advantage of it as they worked on a fair bit of high end complex wired vehicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts