RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RR 4.0se
Can I remove my oil filter without draining the oil? I started my truck and I got a huge oil leak that appears to be coming from near the filter. I wondering if the top of the filter blew out and was wondering if I could change filters without draining the oil? I'm just thinking of this as a quick way to find out if the filter is my problem

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey rover7,
there is a plug above the oil filter, it is like a pressure relief plug, the o-ring on it is leaking, had the same problem and fixed it, I accessed it by removing the passenger front wheel, and remove the fender interior plastic cover, and u will see the plug, it is just above the oil filter, u need a new o-ring though......
I hope this will help... :thumb:
Zee

·
Registered
541 Posts
yes, you can remove the filter w/o draining the pan first.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZEERANGE said:
Hey rover7,
there is a plug above the oil filter, it is like a pressure relief plug, the o-ring on it is leaking, had the same problem and fixed it, I accessed it by removing the passenger front wheel, and remove the fender interior plastic cover, and u will see the plug, it is just above the oil filter, u need a new o-ring though......
I hope this will help... :thumb:
Zee
turns out it was a loose nut on that line that is just above the filter. Saw the oil squirting out there so I reached down and that nut was totally loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts