RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys it is been a long time,

I don't know if this been discussed already or not , however I want to know If I can replace my tails lights an 08 model to 2010 ?

is it easy ? I hope it is just plug ins

·
Registered
489 Posts
You can install them no problem. They do however need a resistor to adjust the ohm load for the blinkers otherwise you get the fast blinker and the computer thinking the bulb is out. If you can live with that then no need to install the resistor.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What is the cost for the parts and labor to do this. Would the stealership do it for me (labor?)

Do they have the all clear tails?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thats a negative on the dealership installing them for you, unless you know someone pretty well. Installing the resistor will be a warranty liability for them so they pretty much wont do it. Im not exactly sure how wiring the resistor works but youll have to splice into your harness as well as putting a ground to the body of the car behind the tail light. Parts youll have to source from ebay.uk most likely as ive only seen singles here and those are very rare. On the uk ebay site a set is going for roughly $700 shipped. Installing just the tail light is easy.

·
Registered
152 Posts
UMBERTOB HELP NEEDED Please

Guys I want to know if this would be a really plug and play job for my 2006 RRS SC
:think: UMBERTOB what do you think???? I thought some sort of resistor was needed??? or they would blink quickly?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-RAN ... ccessories

·
Registered
152 Posts
UMBERTOB??????

UMBERTOB?????? talk to us :)

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Re: UMBERTOB??????

O-Town said:
UMBERTOB?????? talk to us :)
He's probably wondering why your "scroll up" button does not work. Hint: start at second post by jbrac.

If you have $850 burning a hole in your pocket, go for it and do a write up and pics on the mod. :thumb:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
What he said. jbrac is da man to talk to for this type of stuff. The swap is a plug and play job, but a resistor for the LEDs is indeed needed. Some companies in the UK (that's close enough to Dubai, no? :wink: ) sell a retrofit kit that includes all the required hardware, for example: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0564555122

1 - 8 of 8 Posts