RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone reset "Service Required" beside the dealer?

My 2010 which I've had since new wants service again, and its probably due for an oil change. The only way the dealer will touch it is part of a service package that resets the light, like the 10-year/100K service. But I've already just had the 7-year/70K done 3K miles ago, as I only have 35K on it.

Who can do REASONABLE service on it like oil changes and then reset the interval monitor? Anyone besides the dealer yet?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Re: Can anyone reset "Service Required" beside the dealer?

Without knowing your location, how are we supposed to suggest anywhere?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
521 Posts

Id take it to Auto Import and Vintage in Mt P SC.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts

You might consider getting a Gap IID diagnostic tool. You can do a service interval reset with it as well as changing some of the functions on the truck.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
65 Posts

I have a 2011 and recently purchased the iCarSoft tool for around $130 on ebay with discounts.

It easily reset the service indicator and has many other functions.

It, however, does not allow you to change the ride height or bleed the ABS, which would be nice.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a 2011 and recently purchased the iCarSoft tool for around $130 on ebay with discounts.

It easily reset the service indicator and has many other functions.

It, however, does not allow you to change the ride height or bleed the ABS, which would be nice.
Does the iCarSoft tool also allow you to enable/disable the dealer-activated personal features, like auto-locking doors, etc.?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts

Does the iCarSoft tool also allow you to enable/disable the dealer-activated personal features, like auto-locking doors, etc.?
Not sure about the icarsoft tool but the Gap diagnostic tool allows you to change quite a few features including ride height. I changed the temps of my heated seats tonight. The high temp was set to 115 degrees F. which is too hot. I was able to lower it to a more tolerable 105 as the highest temp. For me it was worth the money buying the tool. go to www.gap-diagnostic.com and you can check the features as to what it will do after you enter the platform that you have.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
615 Posts

I think mongoose cable is cheaper than any tool.
If you have mongoose you can see much more settings for land rover
for example I disabled sealtbelt warning and i have hard climate conditions
wjnter times i am choosing “cold weather settings” summer times “warm climate settings” for the ecu

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
159 Posts
I think mongoose cable is cheaper than any tool.
If you have mongoose you can see much more settings for land rover
for example I disabled sealtbelt warning and i have hard climate conditions
wjnter times i am choosing “cold weather settings” summer times “warm climate settings” for the ecu
I believe mongoose is limited to ECM/TCM control only for US Market Land Rovers.... unfortunately.

·
Registered
65 Posts

I'm not sure, but based on my interaction with the device, I'll say probably not.

·
Registered
173 Posts

I'm not sure, but based on my interaction with the device, I'll say probably not.
I believe you are right. I tried to read up a little more on the iCarsoft features and it doesn't seem to provide access to those additional features. I know the Gap-Diagnostic's IID Tool does, but that device is 3x the cost of iCarsoft too.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

I can, with the JLR-SDD software and a ford VCM-II dongle. That doesn't do you any good unless your somewhere near Worcester MA though.

·
Registered
16 Posts

+1 on Gap Diagnostics IID Tool. Reset "Service Required" = yes. Many, many other useful functions.

Cheers

·
Registered
65 Posts

The mongoose looked to me to be nearly $600. Where and how much did you obtain yours?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Consider buying the tool as a long term investment. Personally I bought the faulmate msv2 extreme which has full functionality. Yes these gadgets are expensive but hey no more paying the dealership for diagnostic fees or anything else for that matter over the course of your ownership...the long term savings add up my friend.

·
Registered
65 Posts

i bought from aliexpress like 40$ with shipping
This is interesting. I'm seeing something called a "Mangoose" available from some bargain sellers, for example: http://www.obd2eshop.com/wholesale/jlr-mongoose-pro-for-jaguar-and-land-rover.html

(notice that the spelling is correct in the URL)

But from their corporate website or from Amazon, the pricing is entirely different: https://www.amazon.com/Drew-Tech-Mongoose-Diagnostics-Programing/dp/B01HSOC030/ref=sr_1_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1543510374&sr=1-9&keywords=Drew+Tech+Mongoose

So the question is, what's the difference between these items?

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
159 Posts

Keep in mind that the Mongoose (knock-off or real) is just an interface cable. It does nothing without the software. You will either need to pay the $1000 annual subscription for the real-deal software licensing or find some hacked/cracked version. Also note that the knock-off Mongoose cables can have some communication issues and can/will easily brick a ECU/TCU/other module when coding if the communication is interrupted when updating the modules. The cracked/hacked software can also be buggy and unstable and will usually require extensive setup/install configuration onto your laptop.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Most workshops with a half decent multi brand scan tool can. I have a Snap-on tool and the option is in there to reset service interval.

·
Registered
615 Posts

I have a clone cable from aliexpress and software from russian torrent
never had problems
we are scanning all land rovers in the city with a Chinese cable

1 - 20 of 20 Posts