RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have the dreaded cold Range Rover syndrome!!! Brrrrrrrr, Book sign on climate display, cold air blowing, not good when it's minus 7.

I am a keen Range Rover enthusiast and done all the work to my p38 myself (see pic) but when it comes to this, i have no experience what so ever. I do not want to put my car into some garage to have folk tinker with it, as you know most mechanics no nothing about Range Rovers.

So can anyone recommend a fair priced and knowledgable person that could assist me in getting the feeling back in my fingers and toes. I live in East Kilbride (Near Glasgow)

Regards

Stephen

[attachment=0:2rtoekju]n15ava_snow.jpg[/attachment:2rtoekju]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Is there still an LR/4x4 garage in Strathaven?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Same here, problem known for some time. But you know how it goes:" i'll get it fixed later". That was september.. :doh: So a few extra layers of clothing and gloves, spring is just around the corner... :pray:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tim (Scotland) said:
Is there still an LR/4x4 garage in Strathaven?
Hi Tim, Someone else mentioned that today also, I'll need to investigate who they are!

Whats your thoughts on the heating, any ideas????????

Regards

Stephen

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Stephen said:
Whats your thoughts on the heating, any ideas????????
Low coolant, dirty relays, stuck blend flap, fouled sensor...

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
/\ What he said.

Seriously though, the heat in my p38 always worked so I've never had to look into this kind of problem.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
15 Posts
blend motors.

I had passenger side cold only and as a temp fix ive took the passenger blend motor off and moved the blend flap to warm. (opposite way ) mrs now complains its too warm so i will invest in some blend motors soon or move it 3/4 of the way back towards the front of the car Cold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mbmarkyb said:
blend motors.

I had passenger side cold only and as a temp fix ive took the passenger blend motor off and moved the blend flap to warm. (opposite way ) mrs now complains its too warm so i will invest in some blend motors soon or move it 3/4 of the way back towards the front of the car Cold.
Marky, that's the senario to a tee!!! Is it easy to move the blend motor, any chance you can give me a quick step by step guide?

Thanks

Stephen

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

If both sides are cold it is most likely that there is a problem with the water circulation through the heater matrix, or there is a air lock in that part of the coolingwater system. Feel the hoses in and out of the matrix and see if they are hot.

It is possible that both the flaps are jammed. There is a write up on how to insert a screw at the stickies to free up a blend motor flap. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21865.

If you want you could try to move the blend motor with 12 VDC feed from e.g. the cigarette lighter socket. I have made a write up on how to do this.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10107

Regards

Jos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts