Range Rovers Forum banner

can anybody help keys locked in.

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  onetime 
#1 ·
Now listen to this my rangie is turning into the devil!!

Tonight got home from work as normal, most of the time if i know i am going to pick the kids up i leave the keys in the ingition( i know bad idea but hey) went back to car about 2 hours later to collect some stuff off the back seat opened the drivers rear door no problems went back into the house(key still in the ignition), 10 mins later went back my daughter tried to open the passenger door and i heard the doors lock, now my keys are stuck in the car, worst thing is i have just filled her up and she runnings quite well at the mo. Is there anything i can do?
cheers
Onetime

#4 ·
This is easy, I'll send you a PM

Scotty

#5 ·
Sounds like this blazer my dad has. Happened to me twice with it, the 2nd time it was running and sat for an hour before anything was done. Did I mention I had to replace the crap computer in it that decided to go out when I plugged my OBD scanner into it. Some how it was my fault... $500 later.

#7 ·
Steel coat hanger from top rear corner opens them in seconds, last one i did was around 15sec

No secret on these, I called a lock smith uot to open up a customers 2002 Toyota, he did that in 10sec

It still baffles me why manufacturers go to these lengths when a simple brick or piece of wire knocks the hell out of lets say $5000 lock system on mercs bms etc, guess its so they can make the money from genuine owners and not the thieves cos they already know how to get in with any damage

#8 ·
viperover said:
Steel coat hanger from top rear corner opens them in seconds, last one i did was around 15sec

No secret on these, I called a lock smith uot to open up a customers 2002 Toyota, he did that in 10sec

It still baffles me why manufacturers go to these lengths when a simple brick or piece of wire knocks the hell out of lets say $5000 lock system on mercs bms etc, guess its so they can make the money from genuine owners and not the thieves cos they already know how to get in with any damage

Unless super lock is on, then your stuffed....

#9 ·
Recovery bloke got here today took him 2 mins with, door wedge, blood pressure monitor thingy and what looked like coat hanger. glad i didn't have to pay!!
Onetime

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.