RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
09’ Black RRS, 12’ Sand RR HSE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello There
My 2012 FullSize HSE doesn’t start unless I disconnect then reconnect the battery negative terminal, there’s no power at all in the car unless I do that, nothing works except the horn and the AC control unit.
Before I encountered this problem, the car always reset time and date when I open its door.
Things I’ve done :
-Checked the battery voltage “less than month old” 12.66Volts Car is Off, 14.34 Car is On
-checked for voltage drops from negative to ground, positive to fuse box and no drops.
-cleaned every grounding I could see.
My battery is 100Ah 850CCA Varta Blue Dynamic lead acid, could the battery not be suitable for the car since the Silver Dynamic AGM is the advisable one.
Please help me I’m going nuts!!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
383 Posts
Did the mileage reset occur also with this same battery installed before this latest disconnect/reconnect post?

Did you replace the battery with a correctly sized new battery (approx $200 for a decent quality aftermarket option) between the onset of the mileage reset and now?

Everything you’ve shared points to a bad battery so far.

Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope the mileage remained the same, the old owner replaced this battery so I don’t know how the car has been before the new battery.
What’s the correct size? Isn’t it 100Ah?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I highly recommend that you go and buy one of these type 49 batteries, or something very, very close to it in size and capacity, wherever you are located.

Rob
Can you kindly tell me wether this one has the same specifications as the one you suggested, I’m sorry I’m rlly not familiar with batteries.

btw, here’s a specification chart I found check out short code G14

·
Registered
383 Posts
From the attached spec sheet (thanks) it looks like it’ll work, if that’s the closest locally available replacement battery.

Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really appreciate your efforts, thanks.
One last question, is there any other brands you would suggest, like the ACDelco 49AGM or Bosch.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The "49" refers to the configuration (where the +ve and -ve terminals are located) along with the method of attachment/securement and overall size dimensions.

In your LR's case the securing device is a wedge type profile alongside the front lower lip about an inch or so above the base of the battery, with two long 10mm bolts tightened to "lock" it into place.

Any decent vendor selling AGM group 49 batteries will have a top of the line battery to fit. Buy the very best battery you can afford.

Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, for now I’m getting the Varta one I sent earlier because I’ve seen it available at a local store, I’ll keep you updated.
But I’m kind of scared to pay around 200$ and the problem doesn’t get fixed (since the previous owner had changed the battery already 2 months ago).

·
Registered
383 Posts
If the battery was recently replaced (new) just a few months ago it should be possible to make a warranty claim on it if you know the brand/vendor.

Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts