RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what does everyone think about these cameras? I have to say - compared to S Class or 7 series they really need upgrading. It's almost like watching a low resolution image movie vs the one in the S550 (major league High Def)

Anyone else feel this way? Is there any sort of fix?

I saw in an article JLR is switching to a higher resolution camera for 2016 and it can self clean. Anyone know if this is going to be able to retrofit onto previous model (2013 - 2015)?

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
You can never really retrofit these things. These are new hardware, new electronics, new wires, new software.

But personally, I couldn't care less for the resolution of the cameras. They do the job perfectly fine. My headache has always been the dirty lenses in the back and they are fixing that for my next car. Good move.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
By now we all know, that much cheaper cars had better cameras, even five years ago. Another cop out ... after having a loaner with no back-up camera and a terrible rear blind-spot ... the RR camera does the job! Try to remind myself to appreciate what I do have!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Agree 100% with MDX, appreciate what we have! (though I'm in a ATB Sport now) I had an 2015 Escalade for about 2000 miles and the camera are complete junk. Forums concur. These cameras are light years ahead of what Cadillac is pushing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I will say that ford doesnt suffer from the poor rear camera disease that seems to be in the auto industry...incredibly clear, "realtime" and impressive...but the same job ends up getting done by the range anyways...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts