RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for previous help. 95 Range rover developed a midrange leak around right cam sensor. Although not preventing use it was sudden and is making a mess at very least. New seals and all on the way to be delivered tomorrow from my reliable friends at AB. My question is can the seal plate:|

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You're fishing in the wrong pond.

We're the ones to ask for 2003+ model year RRs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I have had a family emergency and just returning to the real world, My Ranger is an 05 not a 95. I have the new seals in and it sure looks like they can be changed out without removing the sensor but would like some back up expertise.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Cam sensors need to be removed to replace the seals. The VCC solenoid seals(more common of a leak) do not need the solenoids to be removed to replace the seals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the VCC solenoid on both banks and changing the seals was as easy as it gets. I mostly these days work on antique marine engines and I am nervous with all the more complex modern issues. So far just a little more time consuming to get to things and then on to basics. There are things worse than getting old behind the wheel of a Rover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts