Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
What is the simplest way to withdraw the cam from a P38 V8?
At the moment the cam is fouling on the transmission radiator (or is it the oil cooler). I have removed much of the area surrounding the radiators and air conditioning condenser but have come to a bit of a dead end trying to get the coolers out of the way.
any tips greatly appreciated.
Al

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
534 Posts
just remove the oil cooler , you will only loose a small amount of oil , tape up outlets to keep dirt out . do not open the condenser as you will have to get your AC recharged, just unbolt from mounts and move aside

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
If you remove the bolts holding the cooler to the radiator frames, you should (just) be able to move them out of the way enough to get the camshaft out. I think I removed the bracket holding the cooler pipes to the left engine mount as well, to get a bit more wiggle room.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi all,
What is the simplest way to withdraw the cam from a P38 V8?
At the moment the cam is fouling on the transmission radiator (or is it the oil cooler). I have removed much of the area surrounding the radiators and air conditioning condenser but have come to a bit of a dead end trying to get the coolers out of the way.
any tips greatly appreciated.
Al
Share some pictures of the work you are doing, will be very useful for the next person that wants to tackle this job.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts