RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just got a good posting in Dubai and will need transport.

Anyone have any tips about buying?

I'd like to get a Bosch late model P38 with all the trimmings ....

Any help welcomed ..

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers and thanks for the links.

Is it 50 degrees yet?

Why do people buy dark coloured cars in such a hot place?

Do you think I'll get a nice Autobiography there?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Think it was 45 here today. And it's not even august yet !

I would be surprised if you cac't pick up a great autobiography, as people here love buying top of the range cars, so you see loads of them here. Just make sure you pick up one that has been looked after.

Dark cars, ummm mine is epson green, not white. I just really liked the colour. But there are plenty of white ones here. Whatever colour you pick, it is still nearly 50 degrees in the summer, not sure how much help the colour will help.

Did you have any joy on the links I gave you ?.

If you need any other help, let me know !

Good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey,

check the sites that have been posted. Yeah, the color doesnt make a difference - doesnt really matter if its 60 or 62 degrees in the car.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks both!

I had two P38s in South Africa, moved to the Philippines and bought a Land Cruiser.

The Toyota is so much stronger than the P38 - built like the proverbial tank - but just not the same ..... and I can't talk to it.

I used to look forward to driving my P38 every time.

Can't wait to get another ......

I tried the RR links but didn't see anything special ..... I'll look more seriously when I arrive next week (you can see what my priorities are - haven't even looked at somewhere to live yet!)

Do you have independent mechanics there?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Spiggytopes,

There are plently of them here, but you will have to put the time in on the classifieds i gave you the links for. There is also a place called The Auto Souq, that sells second had cars. Hugh place, loads of cars. It is made up of lots of little dealers selling cars. They don't have a website but worth a visit when you get here. It's in Ras al Khor (in dubai).

One of the best know independents is AAA Service centre, www.aaadubai.com, they also sell the odd range rover as well. Try speaking to Gorden at the Al Rashidya branch. There are also land rover scrapyards in Sharjah, they will even do work on the cars as well. You should be fine for whatever you want.

Good to see you are looking for the car first !. Just what I would of done. Dubbizle is good for somewhere to live as well, one of the biggest estate agents is betterhomes, they will have a pretty good listing on their website.

Hope that helps.

Dubaidrift, what happended to the front of your car ?, thought your picture would somewhere in the desert !.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts