RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 99 Callaway. It needs an new block due to slipped sleeve. However, I have a 2002 Bosch engine from a wrecked rover. I have the entire engine including a/c unit , alternator, and all trimmings. My question is, can I convert the Callaway's 1999 4.6 Gems to the 2002 4.6 Bosch? What modifications will I need to be prepared for? I did grab the becm, transmission computer, suspension computer from the salvaged 2002 rover.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,716 Posts
Dear lourde why? If anything you wuold want to go the other direction and use the 2002 block with the Callaway intake and ancillaries.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Yea,, that is an option. I have both complete engines. Will just the block switch over? I know they are the same block, but I am not sure if there is some differences on the block due to one being gems, and the other bosch?
The Callaway block has the slipped sleeve. The 2002 is from a salvage, all accessories still attached. I also have the transmission for the 2002. But I was hoping to keep the Callaway upgrades.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Why not try to search for it, as it has been done before, and some even took the time to write it all up.

Martin

·
Registered
718 Posts
yeah just switch blocks. not that much more work since you have to pull the gems block out anyways... good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts