Range Rovers Forum banner

Cabin Filters for sale don't match what I have?

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  awryexperime 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I ordered a MANN CUK2747 cabin filter based on what I had read here and what Amazon said fit my car. When I went to replace it, I discovered that filter doesn't match what's in my car. The 2747 is a long skinny filter, mine is pretty much square in wider (7.5x8.5"). The number LR number inscribed on the filter is CPLA-18D483-AA FVJ2A 136 5.

I have looked online on Amazon, Ebay, PepBoys, and Autozone. Everyone has a long/narrow filter listed for the 2014 RRS.

Here are a couple of pics of the filter in my car. Any suggestions on where to find a replacement (other than the dealer) are appreciated:

Grille Radiator Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper
Floor Radiator Grille Auto part Filter
Eyewear Blue Sunglasses Cobalt blue Electric blue

Thanks!

Jose

See less See more
#2 ·
I think you will find the long slender filters are for the first gen L320 Sport, not the second gen L494. It's sadly VERY common for sales sites like eBay, Amazon and other similar sites that know knowing about cars to have their cross over year parts incorrect. These sites use generic catalogues generated buy third party companies. When the third parties don;t get the part change correct for the new generation it fouls up all sorts of sites.

#3 ·
Mornin Jose, sorry I didn;t get back on this. I was picking up parts at NAPA and had them pull one of each filter. NAPA GOLD #FIL 239309 is for the L494 and matches what you have pictured. If you prefer MANN your local store should be able to cross reference and order it in for you.

#4 ·
Hey, good morning! No worries. Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I don't think the NAPA filter matches mine. It's close but not the same. Mine is only 8.5" wide. #239309 is 10.75" wide.

I took my car in today for the hissing sound (I'm updating that thread in a sec) and asked about the filter. They way $55 for OEM. As soon as I get the car back (it's gonna be a couple of days), I'll measure it again to get exact dimensions.

Best,

Jose

#7 ·
Thanks awryexperime! I went ahead and ordered it.

#8 ·
Hey guys, the filter arrived and it fit PERFECTLY! Thanks again awryexperime. I'm updating this thread with the info and a photo for future reference.

Jose

MAHLE Original LAK 490 Cabin Air Filter
Material property Shoe Label

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.