RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,312 Posts
The pollen filter slides into a slot, covered by a flap, in the fresh air intake close to the bottom of the windscreen (diagrams below). To remove the old filter it will have tabs on it that you can fold out to give you something to grab hold of to pull it out with.

Its part number is JMO 000010 - if you Google the part number you'll find lots of suppliers.

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot, this is filtering the air that flows into the cabin correct? I dont wanna breathe anymore pollen/dirt than i have to.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
200 Posts
Ace 95 said:
Thanks alot, this is filtering the air that flows into the cabin correct? I dont wanna breathe anymore pollen/dirt than i have to.
Yes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi all

Does the cabin air filter also reduce noise inside the vehicle? I am wondering if replacing mine will reduce the noise inside the vehicle while driving at highway speeds.

Thanks

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
200 Posts
Chiddie said:
It seems that a lot of people have leaking windshield seals that cause the noise at highway speed that you speak of.
Good thought. I was wondering about the "noise" at highway speeds. If in fact it is wind noise I would look to the windshield. I had mine replaces twice with poor results (wind noises), the third time I took it to a small windshield shop that was highly recommended. Once they installed it no wind noise.

As to the speculation that changing the cabin filter my reduce noise at highways speeds, I think not.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
340 Posts
Is the cabin fliter on the 2010-2012 in the same location as the 03-09 Range Rovers? Same 3 screws to remove the cover?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Thank you Phil!!! Man, I have been looking for a while today to figure this out. Good to know you with the "know how" are around. I refuse to give up my paycheck to have this done. Thank you gain.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wanted to revive this thread.... First, on my 08 RR, there are no screws. You have to use a screw driver just to pry open the corner of the flap door, and then you just pull the filter out. No screws at all. So I am wondering what that diagram is from above.

Second, is it true that the arrow (for air flow) on the filter should be pointed UP? I just looked at the filter that the dealer put in, and they have the arrow pointing DOWN. Let me know... Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pollen Filter Point Up or Down on 2008 RR?

I cannot find a clear answer to this, as the one thread on this forum explains HOW to put the filter in, but does not state whether Up or Down. The only reason I am asking the question is because the dealer put the filter in pointing down, but I saw another dealer on YouTube say that the filter is supposed to point up. ha ha.

So what is the verdict? This is for 2008 RR. I am speaking of the pollen filter, which is located under the hood.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
306 Posts
Re: Pollen Filter Point Up or Down on 2008 RR?

FWIW, the [original] pollen filter I replaced on my 2008 had the arrow pointing up.

I installed the new replacement with the flow arrow pointing UP.

Appears to be working just fine, three months later.

The official LR manual I have doesn't address the flow direction.

There's a you-tube video from Powerful UK demonstrating how to replace the pollen filter, if you've not already seen it. Maybe worth a couple of minutes to review.

No doubt like all on this forum I prefer 100% perfection of any job I undertake. However, in this instance, if at some point in the future it turns out that this info is 180 degrees wrong, it's not as if it's an all day job to change it :idea:

·
Registered
126 Posts

Folks this is a riot... On the 2008 RR, the dealer installed the filter with the air flow arrow pointing DOWN. Then, when I ordered a replacement filter, it says for the 2008 RR, to install the filter with the air flow arrow pointing DOWN. Yet, when I take out the old filter, the BOTTOM side is filthy, and the top side is clean. That would suggest that the air filter should be pointing UP, not down. So the dealer installed it incorrectly, AND the non-OEM common cabin filter replacement directions are wrong. Can anyone corroborate this? Again, I think that the air flow on the 2008 RR should be UP, not DOWN, even though the air filter directions state that the filter should be down on a 2008 RR.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,759 Posts
As pictured above, the gasket side of the filter should be down/towards the engine with the fins up/towards the windscreen. I for one have never paid any attention to which way the arrow points.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Right, well that is what the dirty filter would suggest as well. ha ha. But yea, the dealer put it in the wrong way, and the actual directions on the main generic version of this filter also state the wrong way.

As pictured above, the gasket side of the filter should be down/towards the engine with the fins up/towards the windscreen. I for one have never paid any attention to which way the arrow points.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Ya know, since the pollen filter isn't directional other than the thin foam gasket, it doesn't make a difference which way you point the arrow. The important thing is that if you ever reinstall one that you removed, you keep the airflow direction the same.
Ideally the foam gasket will keep air from bypassing the filter.
I hope you found the answer to you engine air intake filter.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The arrow points in the direction of airflow, which is up. air is pulled from below which makes sense if one goal is to prevent water egress.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Just changed the cabin air filter for 2012 L322. No screws. Push down on the plastic ports, lift the plastic cover up and pull out the old filter.

my arrow was pointing up when removing old one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts