RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am getting this pretty consistently after about 15 minutes of driving. I also get an error U0132-86. I also noticed that when driving in the rain the error would pop up more regularly. It seems intermittent and upon restart goes away. It is for the right rear height sensor. No other issues, the wheel "falls off" on the dash graphic suspension does not appear to be leaking and the compressor seems to be working ok. 110k original compressor.

Researching I have

Swapped out the height sensor. Noticed a little funkiness on the pigtail so swapped that out too. This has not solved the issue.

Looked at the live values on IID tool. 3mm off.

My next step is to inspect the wiring and was wondering if anyone can give me pointers on next steps. I plan to get the rig up on a lift and track the wiring but crawling under it I am having a hard time tracking where the sensor wires go. I can start staring at wiring diagrams but thought I would ask here first.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. Replaced the pigtail and stripped back the wire a few inches. ( A total bear to do) Drove the rig 150 miles before getting the error again. Ran the IID tools live values while driving and captured in logs when the error happens. I see a very brief loss of height info but no change on the 2 voltage values. In terms of tracing the wires I would need to pull the passenger side cover to follow the wires. Right now I think I am going to ignore this until it gets worse.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So to document here did a 300 mile trip and got no alarms. Drove back in rain and got a bunch. Pulled the new genuine LR height sensor off and put the old one back on. No alarms in 50 miles of driving. Got the part on Amazon. One thing that bothered me about the transaction was that the part came in the cardboard box but it had clearly been opened there was NO packing material. Just in a plastic bag that got stuffed into our mailbox. The part number had been hand written on the box and the actual part number was an older revision. The 2 screws did come in a plastic bag and I could not see physical damage but the fact that the specific error did not happen with the original part makes me wonder. (I think the original was sticking a little and I was getting a fault indicating too slow inflation.) An yway returned it and bit the bullet on a original replacement from British Parts of Utah. Am kind of pissed that I probably replaced the pigtail and connector for no reason but we shall see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts