RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Getting a bit frustrated with my 2008 L322 Supercharged. Long story short, Jump in after a week, battery is low but almost starts the truck. Almost... I hooked my battery charger up at 2 amp to charge for an hour or so and she fires right up as normal. I get Suspension Fault max speed 35mph on the msg center. 4x4 display shows the suspension heights dropped to the bottom of the screen. All three height modes still function as normal but no height change is registered on the screen display.
I have RSW solutions software. Codes are "control module" c1a00(not a complete code I know) and "VIN data" u1a35. I can not clear these codes. I can't right new height codes. I did read the individual wheel height values. All should be around 185. LF, 3. LR, 2. RF, 2. RR, 189.

I'm thinking the EAS module lost it's programming maybe? Can it be manually reset? Where is it located?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you drive for a while with the truck ?
It might be that the EAS is disable since it does not know what is the wheel speed. And this resets with a few meters of driving.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will go check the voltage of the battery in a moment. This happened in New York when I started it to leave for North Carolina. After fiddling with my 4dcan tool with no success I decided hit the road. As I stated, all three height modes worked and the only sign of trouble was this screen and the beep beep every 3mins or so about going over 30mph. My guess is the ecm lost programming and now it's on default settings. I had hoped that after a few hours of driving it would finally reset after a stop/start for gas. No luck. 14hrs of driving later i's still doing it and I can't seem to get any height values written. Thank you for the suggestions. The battery may still be suspect. I'll report my findings.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
166 Posts
you can try battery disconnect. turn the car off, open the bonnet, wait 3~5 min. disconnect battery and touch + an negative cables together. Reconnect battery start the car and turn steering wheel full left full right.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update. Battery voltage was 12.4v this morning. Put the smart charger on it. Back out a few hours later. Charger said Battery bad. Just got back from the store with new battery installed. I ran a code check on all the major systems. All systems that communicate with the eas ecm reported lost or no communication with ride level control module. Codes all cleared but the EAS faults stay persistent. I clear them and the warning pops up immediately on the msg center.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can try battery disconnect. turn the car off, open the bonnet, wait 3~5 min. disconnect battery and touch + an negative cables together. Reconnect battery start the car and turn steering wheel full left full right.
I did the disconnect trick and the full lock steering reset. I'll try touching the cables together after disconnecting. Does that release stored energy with capacitors in the ecm's?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, touching + and - cables after disconnecting the battery releases capacitors energy.

It is also recommended to do so when doing some welding job on the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Updates since post 1.
New battery
disconnected battery overnight.
touched +/- ternimals as suggested
Checked all fuses regarding EAS
Unplugged all 4 connectors from the eas ecm, cleaned with contact cleaner and reinserted.
I was able to read and right wheel height values as well as go in and out of tight tolerance mode.

Starting to sound like a trip to the dealership is in my future. Any other ideas? Any other ways to get this ecm out of whatever memory lose funk it's in?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I buy a used EAS ECU will I need to visit the dealership to program it to my truck?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

On a P38, definitely not.
On a L322... I have no clue. It might be worse a try.

Changing the autogear ECU does not need the dealership.

Keep us posted !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update long overdue here. Bought a second hand EAS ecm a while back and finally got around to installing it. Good News! Lost comm fault is gone. My 4x4 info screen is now back to normal-looking values. Oddly enough as stated in a previous post the suspension never did anything crazy and all modes functioned correctly regardless of the max speed 30 waring display. Even the lights for the controls showed correctly.
Bad news... the vin data fault still persists along with the ding ding every 30seconds while driving. Any Land Rover techs on here know if I for sure need to visit the stealership? My 4dcan software won't clear it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts