RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys i Have a 2009 Range Rover vogue, it hs developed a noise comming from the left hand side of the cabin, engine bay / windshield area, i have read some old posts with regard to similar noises, mainly a buzzing or low level humming sound. Remedy seems to be to re seal the Plenum trim at the bottom of the windshield or some scuttle trim. im not sure where this is. if any of you have a similar issue or ideally have found a solution could you enlighten me please? a phot would be great/

The noise appears at 60+ mph is constant and not associated with revs or diminishes with taking my foor off the gas. it remains audiable at speed uptp 100 mph and remains a constant. when i lower my speed below 60 is it dissapears as quick as it come on.

i suspect the widshield has been replaced as some point in the last 12 months as it is sparkly and newish.

Help please ..

thanks
Scoops 2501

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
You have already answered your own question. Seal the panel at the bottom of the windscreen. Since the windscreen has been replaced they most likely warped removing it.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
What I did was run black electrical tape down the whole bottom of the windscreen where it meets the seal to confirm that is infact the noise. Confirmed removed the tape, quick dab of acetone on a rag and run it under the lip of the seal where it meets the windscreen to clean it up. Next black RTV sparingly run a bead of that under the seal along the glass all the way to the opposite side of the car. Next push it firmly down working from one side to the other removing the excess with a rag while taping it flush until you reach the other side. Next day remove the tape and that's never going to be an issue again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have already answered my own question? was that the "can you help me Guys? "bit? Thanks Boss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey , thats brilliant reply thank you very much. i will attrempt in the next few days see if i can reslove.

Many Thanks Happy New Year.

Scoops

·
Registered
51 Posts
I thought I read there was an updated cowl LR022997G. I went with 1/4" 3M double sided trim adhesive. A good cleaning with alcohol on both sides and patience running it under the rubber lip. It almost seems like a new windshield at this age for these trucks means new trim all the way around.

I like what Balln2k16 did... I think the same could have been accomplished while it was on the vehicle though...
https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/254649-windshield-cowl-diy-06-range-rover-hse.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts