RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please let me know if buying a used range rover sport worth it. I see on the board that a lot of people are getting the 06 model. Is their a reason for this, do the 06 model have a good rating? Thanks to all you RRS lovers. :dance:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The 2006 RRS had the advantage of a full year of pre-launch real world testing of most of its critical components and electronics, in the form of the 2005 LR3. :wink: So, the worst wrinkles had been ironed out by the time the 06 RRS was introduced, and as far as reliability it doesn't seem to have suffered as badly as many other "first model year" Land Rovers of the past (including the very recent past unfortunately, such as the teething problems the new 2010s are having, many of them electrical...) Also, some of the more common issues affecting early build 06s were corrected in the form of recall and service action bulletins when in the hands of the original owners.

Having said that, if you can afford a MY07 go for it. You will get a few newer toys and probably some leftover factory warranty if you find a lower mileage vehicle, for not much more money than a 2006 in similar conditions.

·
Registered
318 Posts
marksville44 said:
please let me know if buying a used range rover sport worth it. I see on the board that a lot of people are getting the 06 model. Is their a reason for this, do the 06 model have a good rating? Thanks to all you RRS lovers. :dance:
If you have $75k to buy a new one then it's not worth it. If you don't have $75k to spend then it's worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts