RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to the world of Land Rover ownership and have a few upcoming jobs to do.
Next up is an oil and filter change on the transmission and then replacing the rocker cover gaskets.

So, I don't hear great things about Britpart and whilst I don't want to start a big discussion on their parts, I would like to know where from and what brand of parts you buy?
I ask because if I look for the gearbox filter and seals, it appears to be predominantly Britpart kits. Would you use one of their gearbox service kits, if not which do you use?

Next I was looking for rocker cover gaskets on Island4x4 and noticed they have an 'OEM quality' gasket, but in the photo it's got a Britpart label on the bag!

Just wondering what everyone else uses?

Edit: typo that sort of changed my question. Changed to "parts you buy?"

·
Super Moderator
2,194 Posts
I get most stuff from Island or LRDirect who often have more options so I tend to go with OEM. The problem with Britpart is that some of the stuff they sell is pretty poor quality while other stuff is bought from the OE manufacturer and supplied through Britpart. An example being the Dunlop air springs, made by Dunlop but bought, no doubt in large quantities, by Britpart and supplied through them rather than being pattern parts made for them. If there's the options of Britpart, Bearmach, OE or genuine, I tend to go for either Bearmach or OE.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Richard! I've seen few good things about Bearmach now, will check out LRDirect too, just had a quick look and as you say they seem to have a bit more selection for some things.

·
Super Moderator
2,194 Posts
The only downside with LRDirect is you need the part number to search by so I tend to go to Island first, check what they offer and the price, then copy and paste the part number into the LRDirect site. Then decide who has the best options and prices and order from one or the other. You can also use Lrcat to find the part numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts