RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a RR with 95K Miles very soon, what do i look out for?

Hi, Sorry if i have posted in the wrong thread, I have hunted around a bit but didn't find exactly what i was looking for, so i would like to apologize in advanced.. So, I am looking to buy a Range Rover, I am going to view one in the next couple of days, it's a dealership and i have spoke to the sales man, he's just waiting on my word.. i really like the car, looks fantastic, its got all the toys.. i really want to buy it.. I did consider other options like X5/Q7/M-Class, but my heart is set on this, However is my first time buying a Range Rover, Never owned a Land Rover or Range Rover and i have done my research for issues and found the general things to watch out for, however i am looking for more in depth answers, what should i check, where, what are common faults, what things tend to go wrong, Its a Range Rover Vogue SE 2007 3.6 TDV8 with full service history and 95K Miles, He also told me that the car is Imported? Comes with a auxiliary remote engine heater, Guessing its a way to pre-heat the engine, don't think i will need that in the UK:lol:, However it is imported, so i don't know much about the life it had in the country before, its had one owner in the UK but was also converted here so that worries me for secrets the car might hold but the dealer is giving me 3 months free warranty so what could go wrong around 95k miles? the car itself seems very looked after, it also has 2012 GT3 Areo Full Overfinch Body conversion, so i don't think its seen many off road days but like i said it is an import :-/ , Id just like to know what i need to look out for, any tips for future reference? Any thoughts or opinions i would appreciate a whole lot, Thank you

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Re: Buying a RR with 95K Miles very soon, what do i look out for?

Well, you're in the right place, but you'll get your best info by using the search tool to search the forum, and just browse in general to acquaint yourself with your prospect.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1 Posts

I bought an 06 model last year with slightly less mileage. It's not been the most reliable car I've had. Here are some things to look out for which I have had to fix:-
Air conditioning failure - New condenser fitted under warranty
Heated windscreen washer nozzles blocked - replaced
Heavy Steering at low speeds - Control Valve replaced under warranty
Transmission went into failsafe mode - gearbox oil changed under warranty
Suspension fault code - air suspension leak repaired under warranty
Fuel pump failed - replaced
Touchscreen display went blank - blown fuse replaced
New set of tyres
Serviced, oil change, air/oil/pollen/fuel filters replaced
MOT fail: Rear suspension bushes - all replaced, common fault around this age/mileage
heated steering wheel failure - still faulty (common fault, see forums)
Rear camera fault - still faulty (common fault, see forums)
Rear window washer not working - dismantled & cleaned
Oil leak - refitted oil filter & oil pressure switch, o-ring seal in filter housing was culprit, went through 3 till I got one to seal properly
fitted new BMW vortex crankcase breather, recommended upgrade to TD6 engine
new front wheel bearings, I've had a few RR/Disco3 whell bearings fail around 88k miles.

To sum up, nice car to drive, lots of toys but don't expect cheap or trouble free motoring.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Hi, Sorry if i have posted in the wrong thread, I have hunted around a bit but didn't find exactly what i was looking for, so i would like to apologize in advanced.. So, I am looking to buy a Range Rover, I am going to view one in the next couple of days, it's a dealership and i have spoke to the sales man, he's just waiting on my word.. i really like the car, looks fantastic, its got all the toys.. i really want to buy it.. I did consider other options like X5/Q7/M-Class, but my heart is set on this, However is my first time buying a Range Rover, Never owned a Land Rover or Range Rover and i have done my research for issues and found the general things to watch out for, however i am looking for more in depth answers, what should i check, where, what are common faults, what things tend to go wrong, Its a Range Rover Vogue SE 2007 3.6 TDV8 with full service history and 95K Miles, He also told me that the car is Imported? Comes with a auxiliary remote engine heater, Guessing its a way to pre-heat the engine, don't think i will need that in the UK:lol:, However it is imported, so i don't know much about the life it had in the country before, its had one owner in the UK but was also converted here so that worries me for secrets the car might hold but the dealer is giving me 3 months free warranty so what could go wrong around 95k miles? the car itself seems very looked after, it also has 2012 GT3 Areo Full Overfinch Body conversion, so i don't think its seen many off road days but like i said it is an import :-/ , Id just like to know what i need to look out for, any tips for future reference? Any thoughts or opinions i would appreciate a whole lot, Thank you

Pitcaple
I've got 08 RR L322 TD v8 vogue got her in march 70,000 miles only had one problem with lazy entry not a pleasant one as took £2700 to fix luckley covered by insurance, new battery, so far has been very reliable.
Just make sure all the toys work as they should.
Hope this helps Attie.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Is this vehicle white?

In Kent??

If so looks nice but top money for a vehicle with for me a few questions???

Why the update? Has it been damaged?

When was the kit fitted and is it a real genuine Overfinch vehicle??

Which country was it made for?

Was the White colour on the list of colours for that country for that year? Or has it been painted?

Just some of the many questions.

Cheers Mr R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts