RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks .. looking for some help. This will be my first RRS and 4th Rover. I have found a good enough deal. I had the car overnight to check things out. Service book is stamped. The car has 28k on the odo. As far as I can tell it needs new wiper blades , tires are a bit gone but will be replaced with a set of 20" wheel/tires. What is your suggestions for checking expected brake wear? The only issue I see is that is has the noisy steering column that I have read about here. I read through a bunch of threads here and am making sure I have not missed anything. I will probably ask for the new bluetooth update as well. Any other demands I should throw in to the deal? Anything else to look for? How long should the suspension make noise after adjusting in to different modes (off road , standard , and low)? It seems like it can go on for a while. I will request a complete service history. Warranty expires in 9/10. I will probably sell it by then. Would you pay $2400 for an additional 5 year 50K ($100 Deductible) for the sole purpose of resale value? Thanks in advance for any input!

Casey

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,147 Posts
there's of course the obvious things of making sure all TSBs have been performed. definitely get the BT upgrade. just say your phone doesn't stay sync'd and make sure you say you're phone is on the approved list. at 28k, your brakes may be okay depending on how the car was driven. PJ does a lot of freeway driving and went almost double that (right?) before his first set of brakes. by contast, my commute is half freeway, half city streets and am already on my 3rd set. i think for suspension you're hearing the air compressor kick in. it lasts about a minute. 2 tops. i think new LR owners would like to see a warranty on the vehicle if you're selling it in a year. i think folks like us on here that have seen few probs on the RRS won't mind if there's none.

·
Registered
47 Posts
if the dealer is putting on the blades as part of the deal then great. If not, at $185 for the three, opt for a set from any auto store for a 1/4 of that price. What is the bluetooth upgrade? My bluetooth seems to work fine (RRS 06). a little advice, check out the INSIDE wear on the tires (front specifically). if it is significantly worse than the rest of the tire, have them do a 4 wheel alignment. this is the only issue i have in the year i have owned mine and it cost me (in addition to my 185 wipers) 750 for a pair of tires that were otherwise no where near replacing (but shot on the inside) and 180 for a 4 wheel alignment. Hope this helps and congrats on the ride. what color> Post pics and yes i'd get that 2500 CPO warranty, for two reasons: 1 if there is nay chance you'd be keeping it past 50K you'll be glad you have it and 2 if you plan to sell it before then, it will help your resale and it goes with the car (transferable).

this was the post re: tire wear

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32947

·
Registered
219 Posts
The warranty on an 06 is 4years 50,000. So you are coverd until 9/2010.
If buying the car as CPO that gives you a free extended warranty for one year/12,000 miles over the factory warranty.
This would bring you up to 9/2011.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Mark_CT said:
The warranty on an 06 is 4years 50,000. So you are coverd until 9/2010.
If buying the car as CPO that gives you a free extended warranty for one year/12,000 miles over the factory warranty.
This would bring you up to 9/2011.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
No you're right. To check, I ran the calculation through an Excel spreadsheet got 9/2011 as well. In case anyone is interested if you get a 2 year extended warranty, it would take you to 9/2012.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Casey,

How much are paying for the truck?

Mark

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's a good price.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
47 Posts
i may be wrong but i thought it went from 4/50 (basic) to CPO 7/75

so an extra 3 or 25K whichever is first. am i wrong??

LP

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is not CPO .. It is an aftermarket warranty. I am in VA. It has warranty remaining 9/2010 and about 21K miles

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm in Virginia too...did you pick it up from a LR dealership? Just curious cause I saw your other part about the aftermarket warranty.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
LP's HSE said:
i may be wrong but i thought it went from 4/50 (basic) to CPO 7/75
FWIW, 6/75 used to be the standard CPO limited warranty, but Land Rover recently lowered its coverage limits to 5 years / 62K miles. I think you still have the option to extend it an extra 12 months and 7.5K miles, but it will cost you extra.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts