RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some honest feedback.

I am thinking about getting a 2012 Range Rover and am not sure if I'm making a mistake by:

1) Buying it at the right price, or;

2) Simply waiting for the 2013 new body style to come out.

I've been offered an "ok" deal by a dealership on a new 2012 RR ($6k off sticker). Not sure if that's a good deal or not seeing how I would guess there will be some amazing deals on the 2012's once the 2013's come out. Not sure.

I would buy the 2012 if I could:

A) Get a great deal... not sure what a great deal price even is to be honest. Any thoughts?

B) If I understood how much this will be worth (approximately) in 24-36 months.

So, I guess my question is this:

- What is a great price for a new 2012 RR (Seems like the sticker price is about $89k)?

- What do you think this will be worth in 24-36 months (need to know as I don't keep cars long)?

- Is it just better to wait for the 2013?

Thanks for the advice and thoughts.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
97 Posts
Is the truck you're looking at an HSE or a Supercharged model?

After two or three years depending on how many miles you have on it you might be looking at it being able to sell for ~$60k IMO.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
if it were me i would wait for the 2013 to come out,
then look for a slightly used 2012,
pay 10K or more less than MSRP new price,
and drive it till, the 2014 comes out,
So any running issues are dialed out.
That would reduce your depreciation amount to about the lowest possible #

·
Registered
515 Posts
I agree 100% with Mrmerlin, buy a used 12 after the 13's come out so someone else has taken the big hit, then let them work the bugs out of the 13 and get a 14. The 12's are going to drop like a rock when the 13's come out, as everyone will be trading in on the 13. These things depreciate like a rock, always have.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would hammer the dealer to bomb the price on a new 2012 and then keep it for a couple of years. Given that the new Rover is supposed to be much more expensive and it looks a lot like the current Rover with a slanted front end, I am not convinced the 12 will take a massive hit in resale. I am now thinking about keeping my 09 and getting a new GT3 instead.

·
Registered
703 Posts
By August/September - I'd ask for $5k off that price... at least.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
340 Posts
Honestly, I think $6k off sticker is a great deal. When we were in the market last fall, you were lucky to get $1,500 off. Granted, I do see you being able to get a better deal on a 12 once the new body-style is out, but that is still a good 5 months off. By that time, you may have a difficult time finding one that meets your color and equipment requirements.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what did you decided to do? i had the same issue back in december. i went ahead and got the 2012 and love it. its my 3rd one and i'll probably never drive anything else...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up buying a Black on Black 2012 HSE with Lux package. I'm in true love :)

what did you decided to do? i had the same issue back in december. i went ahead and got the 2012 and love it. its my 3rd one and i'll probably never drive anything else...

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
340 Posts
That's great to hear! What are your first impressions of the vehicle now that you drive one every day? So, where are the pictures at?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts