RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having intermittent problems with all the buttons for heat, defrost, heated seats, traction control. When I first start up the AUTO temp light is on, this is fine as I usually leave it like this anyway. When I turned the dial of the AUTO button to turn down the fan, then the heated seat button wouldnt work, so then I tried the other buttons and nothing would like up, including traction control. If I push the AUTO button to put it back to auto mode then the buttons worked. I couldnt repeat this pattern the next day. Today I tried to explain this to the shop, but they looked at me like I didnt now how to operate it. I have had the vehicle for 9 years, and it only just started doing this. Today I pressed the OFF button and there was a very funny noise that sounds like the noise a sea lion makes. I kept pressing the OFF button and every time I got this noise. Its hard to explain and I cant quite find the pattern of when the buttons will work an then they wont. The backup sensor also seems to have stopped working, the button for this flashes, and if i press it, it sometimes makes a non-stop beeping noise.

Thank you to anyone that might have some insight
Marie

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have had similar problems on my 09 but I just push two buttons together and mess around and it goes away. Same as you, I can't put together what works to fix it. Doesn't happen very often.

·
Registered
764 Posts
There is not button for traction control - it cannot be manually turned off and off. It is automatically adjusted when different TR settings are selected - but it cannot be turned off.

I assume you mean Direction Stability Control (DSC) which while related, is something different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry maybe traction control isn’t the right term. I mean the knob to change it snow mode etc, as I turn the knob the different setting would light up, but now it doesn’t do I don’t know which mode I am in my work around is to leave the temperature in auto and then all the buttons work. Perhaps a loose connection somewhere causing electrical issues through our dash

·
Registered
764 Posts
Ok so you mean the Terrain Response selection dial.

The functions you have mentioned that you are having trouble with are mostly not related.

The common denominator is that they are in the centre console area (do you have height control, hill decent control and hi/lo range). The obvious place to look is/are the connector/s that go to the items you are having trouble with. For a start if your TR dial is not working, trace that cable back from the dial to the first connector and check for corrosion etc - if OK keep on tracing back - the same with the other items not working. I bet you will ultimately come to one connector that feeds the lot and it will be faulty. These circuits are on different fuses so it is unlikely you have a fuse problem but to be sure check those as well.

Have you had any work done in your console lately or further back in the dash?

Good luck with it.

Garry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts