RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I'm looking for any recommendations for a bushing kit for my 89, I particularly need the radius arm bushings, so will have to include those.
Are there any opinions on going OEM rubber vs other materials?
Thanks,
James

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went OEM rubber on my '85 a few years back, costly, have no regrets spending the money. Went to the local "hillbilly" tractor/farm supply and purchased a bench top hydraulic press, kind of cumbersome being it's a tad small, but made short work of the change out and takes up little space with not in use. Now that our '96 Disco needs it done, the press has paid for itself more than once. I also purchased all the fasteners new too, didn't have to worry about damaging them during the tear down. Also done the tie rod ends too....do it all once or spend more time and money later chasing handling/vibration issues.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
134 Posts
Hey Guys I'm looking for any recommendations for a bushing kit for my 89, I particularly need the radius arm bushings, so will have to include those.
Are there any opinions on going OEM rubber vs other materials?
Thanks,
James
Others may have different opinions, but I would stick with OEM rubber bushings. The polly bushes are more resistant to oil, but otherwise wear out faster and make for a rougher ride.

Rover's North has a few different kits.
https://www.roversnorth.com/parts/rnk5914_suspension_bushing_kit_front&type=3

They also list out the part numbers included in the kit. You can use those and buy the parts from lrdirect.com and save some coin. Just my $.02

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
137 Posts
I too have replaced with original. they ride well and deteriorate in a predictable manner, as opposed to the poly bushings I tried on the steering stabilizer. Oil, sand and poly don't mix well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts