RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Rover stuck while mudding the other weekend. Unfortunately it was in a small stream/huge mud hole. Trying to beat sunset we rushed recovery and buried it. Long story short water got in the cab and the EAS shorted. Compressor melted the plactic cover!

Off to Rover Renovations for a rebuild kit. And some new door amps and speakers. And an oil change for the tranny. And the diffs. And a winch. And some mud tires. And... well, before I cry here's the Hod Rod Rover I had the next morning.

Don't ask about the fog lights...

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Shoot Scotty a PM, he has a complete EAS system for sale I hear..... :thumb:

G

·
0 Posts
Bummer man. Make sure and change the t-case fluid while your at it. You may want to pull the front seats and carpet as well, as the foam pad underneath loves to trap water and invite rust. I'd also spray all the ecu's and wiring with electrical cleaner. How deep was said hole and where did you get water coming in from?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The mud wasn't that deep before we started. But we all learned that patience should be a virtue by the end of the 6 hour ordeal (live and learn). If I had dug ramps behind or in front of the wheels we may have been out in 20-30 minutes with nothing more than cold hands, wet feet, and a sore back.

As it was dusk, we were trying to get to dinner (we'd spent 2 hours helping others out of other mud holes), and we just wanted to yank/spin/power our way out. Well with every yank/spin the left/driver side (up stream) would drop lower and lower. More 4x4 trucks would show up (friendly mudding community) so everyone's thinking "Just hook up the new guy and we'll pull the Rover out".

By then you could walk up to the RR's left side and the door handle was at knee level, there was 3-5 inches of water in the driver side footwell, and the EAS had faulted earlier due to the right rear wheel extending past it's maximum travel. I think that's what faulted it anyway..

Thankfully it faulted fully extended and the compressor stayed on and we rode home in off road height rather than the bumpstops.

Aside from the re-heated dinner it was a good night of lessons and making new friends. And I'm inches from justification of Gen III springs and mud tires.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
DieKeis said:
Off topic, but my front bumper is hanging the same way. Clips are well fitted. Is there any tip to make it look new.

G

·
0 Posts
DieKeis said:
And I'm inches from justification of Gen III springs and mud tires.
Mud tires will make it a totally different truck, justify it by thinking you wouldn't have gotten stuck if you had them. Rover Renovations is offering free shipping for the rest of the month, maybe that's a sign telling you to get the Gen III's as well. :lol:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
I have a bumper and the fog lights..

Scotty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts