RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
We have a Range Rover Sport 3.0 Sdv6. HSE
We went with the 21" Split Spoke diamond turned finish Alloy Wheels - Style 507.
However do feel the ride isn't really very smooth, we do seem to feel every bump. Passengers say it's quite bumpy in the back too. It doesn't quite feel like the smoothest ride.
We hired a Nissan X-Trail when away recently and it seemed a lot smoother.

So...
1. Having gone for the bigger tyres, could that be a reason?
2. Could different tyres make it smoother?
3. Is there an after market mod on the suspension tat cold make it a more comfortable ride?

Any suggestions or thoughts very welcome.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It would help to know what year, mileage, what tires are on it now, tire pressures and if there have been any modifications made to the vehicle. When you say bigger tires I assume you mean larger wheels. All of the OEM tires have the same outside diameter and width. A 22” wheel will ride slightly firmer than a 20” wheel will but there is no reason why a Nissan should ride nearly as well as a properly maintained RRS. The Air Ride Suspension in the RRS in my opinion is second to none other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would help to know what year, mileage, what tires are on it now, tire pressures and if there have been any modifications made to the vehicle. When you say bigger tires I assume you mean larger wheels. All of the OEM tires have the same outside diameter and width. A 22” wheel will ride slightly firmer than a 20” wheel will but there is no reason why a Nissan should ride nearly as well as a properly maintained RRS. The Air Ride Suspension in the RRS in my opinion is second to none other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apologies, yes I meant 'bigger wheels.'
The car is 2017 with 21000. Standard pressures of 34psi front & 37psi at the back. Mind you there is only ever 2 of us in the car. Land Rover suggest these for 4 people.
I agree the Air Suspension should be incredible but I don't think it is.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 2016 w/22" is a bit more bumpy than I'd like as well but I've gotten use to it. We recently bought a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee "High Altitude" with air ride suspension, it does only have 20" wheels but it is much smoother of a ride... Still love the RR though..:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2016 w/22" is a bit more bumpy than I'd like as well but I've gotten use to it. We recently bought a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee "High Altitude" with air ride suspension, it does only have 20" wheels but it is much smoother of a ride... Still love the RR though..:)
Thank you. Yeah, if thats how it is supposed to be I think we'll sell it. Maybe the Vogue is smoother or should be just go for the smaller wheels?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I find my RRS bumpy on certain cracks/bumps in the road as well. It's riding on the 21" wheels from the factory but it does have the Pirelli Winter tires on it from when I bought it used. Any tire suggestions? Does it make sense to say that the winter tires are causing the bumpy ride on bad roads? It's approaching fall season here in VA so I was trying to just keep the winter tires till spring season then swap to the Pirelli Verde all-seasons.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find my RRS bumpy on certain cracks/bumps in the road as well. It's riding on the 21" wheels from the factory but it does have the Pirelli Winter tires on it from when I bought it used. Any tire suggestions? Does it make sense to say that the winter tires are causing the bumpy ride on bad roads? It's approaching fall season here in VA so I was trying to just keep the winter tires till spring season then swap to the Pirelli Verde all-seasons.
Over here in the UK, I'm using and just ordered 2 more of the Pirelli Verde ALL Seasons as thats what the Factory Wheels are designed to work with. I'll live with it a bit longer I think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Over here in the UK, I'm using and just ordered 2 more of the Pirelli Verde ALL Seasons as thats what the Factory Wheels are designed to work with. I'll live with it a bit longer I think.
Yup most likely it's the 21" wheels we have on our models attesting to the harsh ride then. I was beginning to doubt my winter tires. Going down to a 19/20" wheel (whatever the smallest size that clears your brake calipers) will give you the best ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts