RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m OCD and hoping i can replace the unpainted plastic pieces on the front and rear bumpers as they have a few small marks from parking (previous owner).

NOT the towhook and tow-hitch covers, rather the unpainted pieces where the parking sensors are located in.

Does anyone know what the part number is for these? Front and rear for a 2014/5/6 RRS.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
I think I found the right pieces. If so, we will find out how bad your OCD is because unbelievably they only come attached to the neighboring bumpers, so if you order new parts you will need to have a body shop paint the body panels. Google the part numbers and you'll see what I mean. For some reason the board is not formatting my posts correctly so I'll put the body parts in a separate post.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
LR045028 (front bumper), LR063195 (rear bumper). I say take this opportunity to go a body shop and have them paint the scratched bumper pieces (and maybe the side sills as well while you're at it), probably will end up cheaper.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,462 Posts
I replaced my rear bumper. Long story short. After trailering for 17 years, I made a mistake and didn't have the trailer hitch secured to the ball. When loading the Vette for a race, the trailer pulled a wheelie and hit the unpainted part of the bumper. Not bad, but like you, I wanted my RRS to remain perfect. I ebayed a rear bumper in great shape for $600 in Fuji White. It took a weekend, but was a bolt on project. It looks as good as new. To answer your question, the bumper comes a one unit including the painted sides and pieces cannot be purchased.

Here's a similar one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/REAR-BUMPER-RANGE-ROVER-SPORT-14/291792405373?hash=item43f02ec37d
If you go this route, just make sure the bumper is in good shape. A lot of them look worse than yours.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Yea, used might be the way to go. Mine is “fine” by most peoples standards, as they really are just light little scuffs, but I definitely notice them (all the time). If only there was a way to polish plastic like i can do paint... I guess off to eBay i go.

It’d be cool to get the SVR bumpers too (found a new set in my color) but then id have to rework the mufflers too and it becomes a much bigger project than i’d like.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,462 Posts
Good luck. If you go ebay, obviously make sure you get an undamaged bumper. A lot of them out there are worse than yours.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like i might be giving up on the SVR stuff and will keep an eye on the eBay direct replacements.

Because if i get the SVR front, ill want the rear too. If i get the rear, i’ll need mufflers. If i do all that, ill want to paint the side-skirts to match. Suddenly, few barely noticable scuffs are going to cost me $3-4,000.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts