RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
The good news is, we know a guy who makes them here in the states and he does a GREAT job! :clap: :clap: I wonder what shipping from south african would be? :think:

Scotty

·
Registered
896 Posts
Those are very nice looking bumpers and all custom.

My sliders from Martin are in the mail as we speak! Can't wait to get them on the truck!

My sliders are also tapped and should provide approx 1.5 gallons of extra air with fittings for a hose and accessories/tools. I am going to play with airing the tires/tools/ etc to see how the extra capacity works.

Scotty, I may need to talk with you as Martin said the holes can be tough to drill.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The benefit almost all of you will have is the exchange rate at the moment to give you a rough idea 1 south african rand equals about 11 pounds and about 7 american dollars,

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
JeremyD said:
The benefit almost all of you will have is the exchange rate at the moment to give you a rough idea 1 south african rand equals about 11 pounds and about 7 american dollars,
Or one Dollar = one Dollar :lol:
Sliders are @$425 shipped to California, plumbed for air. That includes all grade 8 hardware too..
Bumpers are @$600-650 for the rear, front TBA once I have made a couple.
Regardless of exchange rates, UPS etc still get what they want out of the deal unfortunately!
This is why some designs are going to be finding their way to Aus pretty soon :thumb:
Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
There will be some options soon, for the sliders initially. But if that works out for all parties involved, bumpers will follow I dare say :thumb:

Martin

·
Registered
483 Posts
One thing I can tell you is that if they are desigend adn built for the SA Market they will be the strongest you have seen.
Other countries build things 'indestructable' and they last a year in SA.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Jbell.

There's a company in Canningvale, Perth that custom makes these fabrication products & another in Bayswater, Perth - W.A. !

Another New Zealand maufacturer has entered the market & go see them at www.trademe.co.nz for illustrations of their range ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
543 Posts
G'Day Rogan.

Here are a few pics of what I saw earlier ! They do custom work out of the Waikato so touch base and check out their site ?

The airbag compliant issue was resolved a decade ago with ARB designing deforming crush plates into their mounting design.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.[attachment=2:1kqi3zh3]Craftman.jpg[/attachment:1kqi3zh3][attachment=1:1kqi3zh3]Nerfbars.jpg[/attachment:1kqi3zh3][attachment=0:1kqi3zh3]Williams.jpg[/attachment:1kqi3zh3]

Attachments

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
http://hardrange.com is a big fan of leftlanetruckin's desings and is hoping to offer them to P38A owners in the Australasian region real soon now `)

We already do front bumpers that are SRS Airbag approved by Australian standards (probably the hardest in the world). We are developing sliders and a rear bar for the P38A that will either emulate Martin' s design (under licence of course) or supercede it for Australian standards.

We are in a relativety small community of P38A enthusiasts and need to look after each other, or become a rabble of disparate interests that will lead to bickering/copying that really helps no-one. I want to acknowledge the contribution of other enthusiasts and share it with the community while covering costs of operating the business itself. Alturistic? - sure. Balanced with business nous? - maybe. A sustainable business model? - don't realy care while I'm enjoying it. http://hardrange.com is a hobby/business that I hope will one day turn a profit.... in the meantime I want to support like-mided businesses and indivuals who primarily want to see other P38A enthusiasts make the most of their trucks.

Martin, Dennis, Storey... you are rated high in my book, and have prime presence at http://hardrange.com. Others can apply but have to undergo rigorous testing on my own and colleagues P38A's and Disco II's before being accredited

P38A's , now that thay are 8-15 yo and becoming a cost-effective on and off-road vehicle that combines the best of highway handling and off-road ability are an opportunity that i'd like to spend some time upon... who's with me?

Cheers, Paul.

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
Nice work John. Looks like you've got the same Hard Range Roo Bar as is on my Rangie. The newer Roo Bars have the provision for the winch in the bar itself, no cradle required. Your cradle looks very strong though.

5.1L engine eh? Fully sick mate :D

Cheers, Paul.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Paul! :thumb:
I will get those drawings/foto's out to you next time I am at home. I only got home for a couple of days last week, then had to leave out again!
Cheers
Martin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts