1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently, I noted that LHS main beam bulb has burnt
but I did not get the 'bulb failure' msg . Can any one tell me why?

I understand that all bulb failures should be indicated by the msg centre.
This is not serious but I'm curious. :?

thnks & regds

kapila

·
Registered
154 Posts
There's one explanation i can think of. The High beam filament must be touching the low beam filaments, or some how completing the circuit.

Try removing the bulb and see whether you can get the message to appear. If not there's some sort of a problem with your sensosrs/becm

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gunemalli said:
There's one explanation i can think of. The High beam filament must be touching the low beam filaments, or some how completing the circuit.

Try removing the bulb and see whether you can get the message to appear. If not there's some sort of a problem with your sensosrs/becm
Hi.
I doubt it.They are in 2 seperate enclosures. One closure to the grill on bth sides , HIGH beam & the other is LOW beam.
So, filaments can't touch.

regds

kapila

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

That happened in mine too... I think is suppose to be like that, when you have a burnt bulb you still have the other in the same side of the vehicle drowing power and the Becm don´t realise that 1 is failing.. I think....

Regards,
Sorry about the bad english :)

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Very odd indeed. If EITHER of your main beams on one side fail you should receive a message. In other words if the filament on an inner lamp or the main filament on an outter lamp fails you should receive an error message. I would try swapping the bad bulb to the other side to see if an error pops up just for fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts