Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buing a SC AB, should I go for 13, 14 or 15 model regarding quality?

In january I bought av used 8000 km RR SC AB produced 13/01, and it went straigth in to the Landrover Garage after 5 days of use, and never came back - got my money back after 6 frustrating weeks. The gearbox stuck between L & H.
I also read about a lot of problems and unwanted noises at the web and in this forum. As the snowy Norwegian winter is coming again I want a Range Rover to take my family to the mountains - in the best possible way - a RR SC AB. Should I buy a newer car to get a better car? Is the car improved as a -14 mod or a -15 model?

I added an inspirating picture from the fantastic Nurburgring, where a RR accidently was catched in a picture of my 911 friend. I will take mine to the Ring, among other challenges as offroading and iceracing , to known to the car better and to increase my skills as a driver. I do this with all my cars - fun.

Thanks for a forum with a lot of useful knowledge.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Buing a SC AB, should I go for 13, 14 or 15 model regarding quality?

It`s the safest way, I agree. I am curious if someone knows if there are any changes from year to year, as I have read about noises from the antiroll system in front. Thanks for your advise.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

The anti-roll issue is solved. It also is not a drivability issue. I had this issue so I can tell you the car will drive no problem, but there is a TSB for it, a fix and I doubt new 15 cars have this, and even if you get a 14 with it, there is a solution. I really wouldn't worry. I have not heard of any transmission issues with the new model RRs with the ZF 8-speed.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

$1700 tune gets you a lot more than that. So don't worry if you really want that extra oomph it can be had for cheap. I think the RR is so big that more power will not feel dramatically different than the 510hp V8

Oh and don't worry about the transmission JLR are not the only ones using this 8speed. It's in everything from ford to Chrystler, Audi, rolls Royce, Bentley, Maserati and even almost all late model BMWs. If there was a common issue it'd be well known and quickly rectified.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

No of course not. I had every freaking issue that these cars are having and a couple more not so common. Am just saying that they have solutions to the problems and are aware of them so I don't expect these issues in 2015. :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.