RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just wondering how accurate my receive date will be? I ordered my RR on 2 Aug 2014 and was just told 30 Jan. I was just wondering how accurate these dates are. Can my salesman look in his system in a week or two and see where my Rover is? I just asked for the build sheet and my salesman emailed it to me. On top of it he never charged my credit card the 1000.00 deposit. He said there was no need for it. Which I thought was odd, but whatever.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Hello,
Just wondering how accurate my receive date will be? I ordered my RR on 2 Aug 2014 and was just told 30 Jan. I was just wondering how accurate these dates are. Can my salesman look in his system in a week or two and see where my Rover is? I just asked for the build sheet and my salesman emailed it to me. On top of it he never charged my credit card the 1000.00 deposit. He said there was no need for it. Which I thought was odd, but whatever.
It looks like an earlier sheet, not the current one. At this point, the customer handover date, as well as the VIN fields should contain data.
Yes, they can look in the system and see where your car is. The dates are usually fairly accurate but they might still change a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
silo711, my dealer also hasn't shared as much as I would like! It turns out that your "Last date of Order Change" is the same as mine. My original ETA was Jan 23, which last week the dealer said that delivery is now Jan 16. My car is going to the southeast, so through the Brunswick GA seaport.

Did you sign a Buyers Order with your dealer? I'd be weary if you didn't and the dealer didn't charge your card either. One of the southern CA dealers I tried to work with, didn't want to sign anything or take a deposit, which gives them the ability to sell the car to someone else who is willing to pay more.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MDX,

I did sign a buyers agreement. I even called another dealer to verify my order number. He wasn't able to give me exact details, but he was able to tell me the order number was good to go. Back in Aug my salesman took my credit card, and made a copy of it with my DL, but he never swiped it (which I thought was very odd).

The salesman was able to look on his computer screen and tell me everything. He didn't have to go to the sales manager for all the vehicles details. My org date was much later, but I think someone backed out and I got moved up. I recieved this order sheet back in Nov so I'm sure there is an updated one, in which I will ask for in two weeks on the 16th. I already ordered the iluminated tread plates and the pedal covers (the pedal covers which come standard on the SC). I ordered them from a LR dealer in Rocklin CA, and will receive this Friday. Great Prices and NO sales tax.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts