RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello members,

I’m new to the forum even though I’ve had a LPG converted P38 for over 5 years and gone through all the normal blown head gaskets etc.. It has been a labour of love.:cool:

Even so I am planning to build a ‘reliable’ P38 that will run on petrol, LPG and biomethane as a demonstrator for my company.

Before I try to re-invent the wheel has anybody else out there tried the same? If so I would be keen to discuss.

Chris

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
There been alot of small scale fleet applications in more progressive cities over here for natural gas buses, trucks and deliver vans. I have no idea how much of that is provided by biomethane. There are two companies working heavily on wood waste gas production here in Washington but their returns have been limited due to the bulk vs output. Success stories are in the dairy industry. We have full dairies up here that methane is collected in milking barns, feed houses and generated from waste products using digestion tanks full of waste and microorganisms. The natural methane and processed product methane powers generators that run equipment, light facilities and any buildings. In northern California the Department of agriculture is currently working with marijuana farms to use their waste products for a couple of experimental refineries.

Now how someone can add a third fuel source to a P38 my very well be reinventing a wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts