RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between Ivory/Ebony and Ebony/Ebony, which would you pick with Yulong? I havent seen the Ivory in person, and I'm afraid it will have too much brown in it for the Ebony and Yulong. My build will lock prior to being able to visit the dealer so I'm taking a flyer here. Too bad we dont still have cirrus!

thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2018 in Yulong with an all black interior and I’m really happy with the combination. Like you, I ordered mine without seeing the color in person. I considered doing the full or partial ivory interior and glad I didn’t. When I picked mine up I looked at another one on the lot with the partial ivory. I really like ivory interior but it has a creamy or brownish undertone that doesn’t suit me, especially with Yulong. Plus light interiors are a challenge to take care of (regardless of the treatment) and the black in this vehicle has a very classy look with the silver accents. By the way, I was on the fence with the Yulong but glad I picked it. It’s a complex white color that is unique but not too pearlescent. I also think it’s easy to take care of. Here’s a few marginal pictures, including one next to Carrera White which is also metallic but looks much different with a flatter tone. Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have Yulong with Ivory/Espresso interior on both my 2017 RRS and 2018 RR. Liked it enough the first time that I just ordered the same. RR has satin walnut trim.

Yulong is a great color on the outside. Not super bright like Fuji, but light enough for safety visibility in traffic. I also think it's less fatiguing and distracting than a brighter white when you're looking at the hood thru the windshield on a sunny day. Yulong is interesting to look at from outside and changes according to the weather. Sometimes almost looks like a light blue-gray. Sometimes just white. As others mentioned, the pearlescence is subtle and tasteful.

When you stand outside and look at the Ivory interior thru the window, it seems a little warm and out of place vs the slightly bluish cast of the exterior. Same for the Espresso. But when you are inside, you don't notice any problem. You need to consider that you'll be inside almost all the time. Almost never will you peer thru the outside window to judge the color compatibility. The order guide suggests Ivory/Navy for Yulong--I guess to tie the colors together--but I didn't really want Navy inside.

Ivory/Ebony should be fine. You have all of the other black details such as the LCD elements etc., so using Ebony avoids having too many colors. If anything, I have regrets not to get Ivory/Ebony.

Regarding Ivory, the benefit is that it opens up the interior. Feels more spacious. I have seats etc. all Ivory. The only thing is that you either need to use some kind of seat cover or else be prepared to clean now and then. It has not been an issue on my RRS with > 25,000 miles. A professional detailer (online) suggests diluted Woolite for cleaning (he uses it on expensive cars). I use a simple cushion type seat cover, not any full covering.

Another suggestion is the satin walnut trim. It's personal taste, but to me it's a little more understated than the glossy choices and keeps the interior less busy. Glossy black trim has a reputation for difficult care (scratches); except that, it might go well with Ebony.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
298 Posts
I ordered Pimento, i’ve Had a few white rovers on Pimento and I think it’s a really sharp look

·
Registered
389 Posts
Something dark color for interior should go well. I’d stay away from beige/ivory or lighter color interior. Also not sure about black interior as it makes it more monochrome - but hey, everybody has his/her own choice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts