RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
For those of you with uncastrated vehicles...

I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a US source for some 6mm quick connects to make up an emergency recovery kit for my EAS. I found a quick and very reasonable source. Grainger.

Grainger Part numbers:
1WUP8, 6mm-1/8" NPTF Tubing Quick Connects, ~$14.00 for Bag of Qty 5
1KUH4, 1/8" NPTM Air Tank Valve, ~$4.00 ea

I also got some 6mm copper tubing and made some plugs (cheap but effective)

Total cost around $40.00, and I had it in a day. :thumb:

·
Registered
865 Posts
There is alot of diferent types of emergency get you home ideas out there..

Im glad you are not going to install the system as a fixture like I see so many do, more joins = more leaks.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I with you on the permanently installed backups. It's kinda like riding with training pants on... this way I've got wipes in my glove compartment if things get messy. :wink:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
viperover said:
There is alot of diferent types of emergency get you home ideas out there..

Im glad you are not going to install the system as a fixture like I see so many do, more joins = more leaks.
Unless you use that king of tees

I'm not running a permanent install on my own rig either but i some customers knows that the users of their range rover will be glad to find a permanent install on a sad day. We're not all mechanics

·
Registered
116 Posts
would you pull the airlines out of the valve block and attach one of your airfill valves to the end of the airline then?

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hammerma said:
would you pull the airlines out of the valve block and attach one of your airfill valves to the end of the airline then?
Yes. This bypasses everything in the EAS system and will get you home as long as your airbags and feeder tubes are intact. You'd pull the airbag feed tubes from the control block and fit one of these to each. You'd need an air compressor (I carry a small 12V portable unit for tire adjustment) to individually pressurize each air bag. Probably be a good idea to deactivate the EAS system by pulling the relay, under the drivers (NAS) seat, at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts