Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having problems with this part?
I replaced my old filter about 10 months ago and the new, genuine, replacement is already breaking up.
Has anyone found a more robust and suitable replacement material?
I was thinking of a fine mesh or tougher foam(if anything exists)

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
537 Posts
I bought a small roll of black plastic fine mesh off fleabay for a few quid. Cut to shape and fitted quite easily with existing clips and wire frame. Seems to be holding up better than the regularly disintegrating offering from LR.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
537 Posts
Fly screen - yep, that's exactly what I used although mine is plastic not plastic coated fibreglass. The mesh has to be capable of being bent through nearly 90 degrees so needs to be pretty flexible.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Can it control dust particles n other air borne debris of minute proportion?

Regds

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,227 Posts
This is to replace the plenum foam at the bottom of the windscreen, which is primarily to keep leaves and larger bits of crud out of the cabin air inlets. From there it then goes through the pollen filters which filter out all the finer particles.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
879 Posts
I use pond filter foam. I dont have a link to any sellers but a google search will find it. It comes in various thicknesses and sizes and is almost identical to the factory filter texture.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
I used something like window screen, a fine mesh, but stiff screen, from the local hardware store.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Plus one for synthetic fly screen material

I don't know what LR use but it is not suitable for the job IMO!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I use pond filter foam. I dont have a link to any sellers but a google search will find it. It comes in various thicknesses and sizes and is almost identical to the factory filter texture.
+1 i have a sheet of it. better quality than the OEM filter foam, same material, just sturdier.. a 1mx1m roll was a couple of quid. i'll probably end up still cutting patterns from it.. oh in about 5 years !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x32x12cm...790?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20e69758ae

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Biochemic...817?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d2b208ee9

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.