Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1991 2 door, 3.9l 5 speed, Aspen Silver
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my new Wolf Rims and was reading the following Wheels & Tires — Brooklyn Coachworks and wondering if anyone has any experience with running 235/85's on their RRC? Apparently they fit without any mods which suits me as I have a stock set up. I was looking at the BFG AT KO2 tires which seem like a decent on/off road mix too. Any feedback appreciated!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
458 Posts
I've run 235/85R16 on a RRC before. They don't fit without mods (lift, etc.). FYI I'm running 225/75R16 BFG KO2s right now on my stock height '95 LWB.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
On mine, standard rims and no lift, but steering lock stops have small adjustment.

255 65 R 16 Michelin Latitude Cross 113H load and speed rating.

These are less than 1% difference for circumference against standard sizing, so no clearance problems in that direction. Just a small change to front axle steering lock stops to restrict by a couple of degrees the maximum turn and avoid any rubbing at extremities. Full axle (cross axled at limits of suspension) ok too with no rubbing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, those weren’t on my radar but on my list now. Although I was trying to avoid adjusting the stops as the turning radius is already poor. Thanks again

·
Registered
1989 Range Rover Classic
658 Posts
245/75's will fit as well without mods, though they do rub on the radius arms a bit on full lock (nothign on the fenders). The problem with 235/85's is that with such a high aspect ratio tire you get more sidewall flex at speed, which reduces highway stability. These things are already top heavy enough without tall skinny tires thrown into the mix if you ask me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I do like the idea of the extra width the 245’s give. Obviously anything other than the original spec has a compromise somewhere; whether performance or extra stress elsewhere on the vehicle, I suppose it comes down to what you’re comfortable with.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just installed 235/85-16 BFG AT KO2 on my 94 LWB with a 2 inch lift. Looks awesome and the tires are so quiet. Some of the sidewall flex is mitigated by the E rating of the tires. I run mine at 33 psi front and rear and have no issues with highway instability.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed 235/85-16 BFG AT KO2 on my 94 LWB with a 2 inch lift. Looks awesome and the tires are so quiet. Some of the sidewall flex is mitigated by the E rating of the tires. I run mine at 33 psi front and rear and have no issues with highway instability.
Can we see pictures?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So finally decided to go with 245/75's along with Falken Wildpeak AT's, pictures below. I probably should have anticipated the condition of the hubs hiding behind the Rostyles all those years, I was thinking of just painting them but curious if anyone has a better suggestion?

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts