RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone have images of the brackets that hold the brooklands sideskirts in place? Mine have long since disintegrated! Either photo's or dealer diagrams would help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Hi Have you tried you local LR dealer,as i needed the same thing for my LSE and they where still avaiable!this was only about a year ago,and i do not think they where not that expencive .
Valveboy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Roo said:
Would anyone have images of the brackets that hold the brooklands sideskirts in place? Mine have long since disintegrated! Either photo's or dealer diagrams would help!
I've just made some replacement ones for mine out of some 0.8mm galvanised steel, I'll post a pic tomorrow :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
As promised here are the brackets that are on my side skirts:

First image is the narrower one inch bracket:

And the wider two inch one:

Here's something I knocked up on Paint, including measurements:


Once I've attached the skirts on the car, I'll drill the top of each bracket and pop rivet to the sills.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies and thanks for the pics Adam. Currently, my sideskirts are held in place by the sidesteps, I like your bracket idea, as you know, the original strip of metal rusts and expands the sideskirt! Galvanised or stainless is the only way to go with anything bracket-wise on a Range Rover. Adam, do you know what the brackets look like in the wheel-arches? I have no references left for these either. I will take a trip into the dealer this week too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Roo said:
Adam, do you know what the brackets look like in the wheel-arches? I have no references left for these either. I will take a trip into the dealer this week too.
Mine haven't got any brackets on the wheel arch end, they're just pop riveted on to the inner arch, but I can post pics also if it'll help :)

The main dealer? new Rangie? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
adam1977 said:
Roo said:
Adam, do you know what the brackets look like in the wheel-arches? I have no references left for these either. I will take a trip into the dealer this week too.
Mine haven't got any brackets on the wheel arch end, they're just pop riveted on to the inner arch, but I can post pics also if it'll help :)

The main dealer? new Rangie? :lol:
A pic would be great thanks. Haha, our main dealer doesn't like anything other than a sport or new rangie on their forecourt so they moved the parts department to another area of Peterborough!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you :oops: what with sorting the garden and finding some serious rust in the rear arches.....

Anyway, here's a couple of pics of each end of the side skirt and where the pop rivets go:



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perfect Adam thanks. Mine has the same holes as yours so thats a start! Don't even go there with rusty arches. My welder has never been so busy...
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top