RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an idiot cracked the glass on my sideview mirror anyone know much it'll cost to fix/replace? Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SOB! Anyone have any alternates I hate to pay 600 bucks for something so stupid!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is it just the glass or housing. Mine was the housing.

If it is just the glass, it may be real cheap like putting on another cut glass.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Nooro said:
I'm an idiot cracked the glass on my sideview mirror anyone know much it'll cost to fix/replace? Thanks
in addition it would make a difference in drivers side glass or passenger side glass. since yo have parts from Jbrac I am assuming you are in the US.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
471 Posts
I know from experience (twice) that the driver's side mirror glass is VERY expensive. You shouldn't pay any labor though. It comes with a plastic backing that snaps into place.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't fret. If it is just the glass it is not expensive and easy to replace. I broke the glass on my passanger side a few months back and the part was about $80 Canadian. I bet its not much more the $50 US. Only problem I have now is that the replacement glass says "objects in mirror are closer then they appear" the original glass said nothing. No biggie though and the replacement is factory purchased form the dealer.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
471 Posts
bobbyz said:
Don't fret. If it is just the glass it is not expensive and easy to replace. I broke the glass on my passanger side a few months back and the part was about $80 Canadian. I bet its not much more the $50 US. Only problem I have now is that the replacement glass says "objects in mirror are closer then they appear" the original glass said nothing. No biggie though and the replacement is factory purchased form the dealer.
Wow!

Do the Canadian spec RRs come with heated/ auto-dimming glass? I seem to recall mine costing $300-400. Maybe that was the difference.

Or maybe it's we subsidize the world here in the US, eg. prescription drugs. Perhaps it is time to start buying our Land Rover parts from north of the border.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the input. It is just the glass and it is the pasanger side view. Unfortunately in so busy this month I won't be able to go till next month. Which is going to be difficult because it is kin of difficult to drive with the cracked glass. So if you see me on 495 in dc/md get outta my way!!

I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks again.

Omar

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
You can buy the OEM glass w/ mount for either outside mirrors for about 50/60 bucks from outfits such as parts.com (or a dealer) and install it yourself. I found the old TSB below that tells you exactly how to do that. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mirror was 160 to replace that included labor!!! Sweet not a total travesty.... Considering it came on a bill with a 1600 break pads and rotors ticket at 24k miles.... now that is a travesty.... /:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you so much, umbertob. The attachment for replacing the side view mirror helped me out. It's midnight and my garage is like a sauna in this hot summer night. For some reason, it seems the RR mirror detaches differently than most other cars. It requires a push and twist motion for removal. Getting the new mirror was a little bit tricky. I had to manhandle it so that it would attach in the places.

What a coincidence! I'm due for a brake pad replacement in my 08 RRS with similar mileage. I guess most of us do at our mileage. I forgot the quote I received from the dealership. Its actually my wifes vehicle so I tend to forget stuff about it. Ah! Who am I kidding? I wouldn't remember jack whether its mine or hers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts