Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a broken nav screen from a P38 that is going spare? I have hatched a plan to create an easy to fit upgrade for the standard P38 sat nav system using a Tom Tom XXL but I need to machine up a bezel to fit the standard hole and rather than drive around with a hole in my dash if I remove my existing unit, I just wondered if anyone had a dead one they dont want. I will donate a free bezel when I have proved my idea to any donators.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Neat idea, check out ebay if no one responds.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi i,ve thought about doing this as well but by putting a nav unit in the screen surround just a matter of finding a nav unit the right size to fit the old screen hole that way theres no cutting of the console especially if you have the walnut version if you pm me later i might be able to help got what you need and i,m finding it hard to get a replacement yib000110 unit to replace my naff one and i,m not brave enough to start cutting my walnut switch console. :) nelly

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My plan is to produce a screen surround that will fit in the hole left by the OE unit. I now have a CNC mill that will be able to cut the bezel accuratly and give a nice profile on the inner edge that will match the exsisting unit. The plan is use aluminium and try anodising first to see how that turns out. i will keep you posted on progress as and when..

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,669 Posts
rhino_ed said:
Neat idea, check out ebay if no one responds.
I've been looking on eVilBay for ages for one of those panels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts