RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of the wonderful hard working men and women of the langley police pulled me over and told me what I actually didn't know. I had a headlight out. They must really be on the ball cause there was nothing on my display when I left the girlfriends house this morning and everything was working. There is also a crack in the headlight that may have contributed to the failure.

Anyone have a drivers side headlight assembly laying around and could use a few dollars for it?

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
:?: Having a headlight out would be a simple bulb replacement and wouldn't require a headlight assembly. :geek: However if the bulb was indeed burned out you should have received a bulb error on your display. :shock:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I know how to change a bulb :roll: the lens has a hole in it :(

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
rhino_ed said:
Yea, I know how to change a bulb :roll: the lens has a hole in it :(
:oops: I haven't had enough coffee to boost me above moron status yet. :cry:

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I wonder if one of those windshield crack repair deals would fix the hole/crack? Cheaper than a new unit in most cases.

And yes...you should have gotten a bulb failure warning.

·
Registered
494 Posts
obviously this is monday morning quarterbacking, but the egr snap-in plastic shields are worth their weight in gold. after you fix it consider them. good luck.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
I'll risk playing moron again...

Last time I was on the EGR site they didn't have anything for P38 rigs. Are the headlight gaurds even available any longer?

·
Registered
494 Posts
i got them from ab about a year ago when i got the weathertech deflectors. when i read your post i looked there and don't see them available. wtf? they're totally awesome. :( sorry, i didn't know they were no longer available. i suppose calling ab would illuminate the issue; but your visit to egr's site is pretty close to the horse's mouth. what a drag. i love mine and they've taken serious hits i know would have cost me hundreds already.

·
Registered
226 Posts
how big is the hole? I used two part clear epoxy on my parents volvo, it passed inspection and lasted a several years, used clear packing tape on both side too align the epoxy with the lens, then removed it once the epoxy cured

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought the epoxy idea might work but the hole is big

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
if you have the epoxy give it shot, if it dont work buy a used lens, another trick for epoxy is to rub down the contact area with alcohol so glue sticks better

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Uhhh... any neighbor kids with a new BB gun for xmas? That looks more like a bb/pellet hole than a random rock.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Happened a long time ago actually. And I live in a quiet suburb of well-to-do wasps whose kids wouldn't know the business end from the fun end of a gun. But the semi-trucks that come from the port kick up rocks the size of boulders. However the girlfriend lives with three sides to a farm. personally a tire would be way more fun to shoot. I don't know, back to ebay and craigslist I guess.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
On mine I used a tiny bit of silicon glue to plug the hole, is clear and waterproof. That was 2003, and still going strong. Not bad for cheap/free.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
I have those Headlights and the wiper arms if your intrested....

Scotty 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts