Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover Sport HST
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a bird recently and it cracked (I have attached a picture) my grill and I am trying to figure out if it can be fixed or not. The dealership quoted me 1.5k for a replacement. But I found some on eBay for around $400-500 and I found one on the land rover parts department site for around the same price but there is no picture just a black and white drawing and it looks like 2014-2017 models grill. So I don't know if I should trust.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
‘16 HSE Loire Blue/Almond, Useless 3rd Row
204 Posts
Poor bird-that’s a shame. First, don’t go near the stealership for anything other than warranty or recall work. It would probably be better to post a picture of it cleaned-up to see the extent of damage, but consider purchasing J-B Weld as an inexpensive first option. You may be able to achieve a reasonable fix. However, if you don’t like the look, there’s tons of cheap grilles on eBay-easy DIY replacement.

·
Registered
18 RRS HSE
16 Posts
Poor bird-that’s a shame. First, don’t go near the stealership for anything other than warranty or recall work. It would probably be better to post a picture of it cleaned-up to see the extent of damage, but consider purchasing J-B Weld as an inexpensive first option. You may be able to achieve a reasonable fix. However, if you don’t like the look, there’s tons of cheap grilles on eBay-easy DIY replacement.
As for DIY, is it a pretty simple swap? I've been looking online for videos and can't find anything for a 2018+ RRS.

·
Registered
‘16 HSE Loire Blue/Almond, Useless 3rd Row
204 Posts
Check the PowerfulUK YouTube channel. They’ve swapped everything on an L494. Otherwise, should be easy to figure out just by looking where it attaches with the hood up.

·
Registered
18 RRS HSE
16 Posts
Check the PowerfulUK YouTube channel. They’ve swapped everything on an L494. Otherwise, should be easy to figure out just by looking where it attaches with the hood up.
Yeah, I've searched Powerful UK up and down and nothing. Just older models. They used to have an aftermarket grille for the 2018+ but it's no longer available, and it seems there's no video either. I assume/hope it is pop a few fasteners out of the top, then give it a tug, but just looking for someone to confirm it's not much more than that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very simply to do. Only tough part after removing top screws is giving a good pull on the bottom tabs. Shouldn’t take you more than 15 mins. Also eBay grilles are just fine. Powerful UK and Victorious Automotive have most of the parts also. Fitment and quality is similar to OEM. You can pop off your old emblem and reattach with 3M double sided tape.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts